October 2014 Moms
Options

Ripped Stitches?

Hi everyone. I'm new to these boards. My DD was born 5 weeks ago today after an induction at 38 weeks due to preeclampsia. My labor and delivery were fantastic, but I did have a second degree laceration that resulted in several internal stitches. Everything has been healing great, but about three days ago I noticed a little bit of pain and investigated with a mirror. Sure enough, it looks like I ripped one of my stitches. I am a nurse, and I'm confident its not infected. I've also been keeping it really clean. There really isn't anything to re-stitch, so I have not called the doc. I go for my post-partum check in a week. I figure I'll call him if it starts getting worse. Anyway, I guess my question is has this happenedd to anyone else? If so, how long did it take to re-heal? I had just stopped bleeding the day before this happened and thought I was close to being able to have sex again. Now it'll probably be at least a few more weeks!

Re: Ripped Stitches?

• Options
    Also a nurse here and agree with the pp's advice about calling your doc.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi fellow nurse ! ;)
    I had a friend this happened to. The doc had to clip one of the stitches to keep it from bothering her. I'm fairly certain I at least pulled one about 2 wks pp. Hurt like a mf!!! I ignored it and it felt better in a week. I just couldn't bring myself to have anyone up in that war zone area then! Good luck hope it feels better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's feeling much better today! Nurses really are the worst patients haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"