TTC After a Loss

Stage 2 endometriosis on ovaries

dannyboybestdannyboybest member
edited November 2014 in TTC After a Loss
Hello everyone, I am new to this board and soon I will be starting to try again. I had a natural MC back in August at 8 weeks. I conceived through my 3rd IUI. My RE found a uterine polyp in my uterus and told me i needed a hysteroscopy and laproscopy. I had my surgery the beginning of this month. They removed a 1 cm polyp and a small fibroid from my uterus. They also found stage 2 endometriosis on my ovaries. My question is would the endometriosis have caused damage to my ovaries/eggs and would removing the endometriosis help my ovaries repair themselves? I also have low AMH .88.
Thanks for reading!

Re: Stage 2 endometriosis on ovaries

• I don't have any advice, but I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to this board.
    I'll be at a new place providing support. 

• Sorry you're dealing with this. Some REs (mine included) don't like to remove endo from the ovaries if you have low AMH/ovarian reserve issues. The theory is that the surgery might damage good ovarian tissue as well as remove bad, making ovarian reserve worse. Definitely worth getting a second opinion on, but I know many doctors feel that way.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your loss. Sorry I have no advice.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Unfortunately I don't have any expertise on endo, but I'm sorry for your losses and welcome to the board.  I hope your RE can give you some answers soon!

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• buggirl72buggirl72 member
    edited November 2014
    I'm sorry for you loss.

My experience with endo on ovaries is the same as @bookishmomma - most REs don't want to touch it because it can damage ovarian reserve further. 

I would talk with your RE to see what they feel about surgery.I would also ask about Lupron suppression therapy to see if that would reduce the size of the endo.  Finally, I have read some studies that indicate the endo can damage an egg that is released, reducing the quality of the egg. Some REs feel that because of this, IUIs are not effective and that it is better to move straight to IVF (ensures egg will not be "damaged" by the endo once it is released) instead of wasting money on IUIs.  I believe their are studies showing that positive pregnancy outcomes are lower for women with endo doing IUIs compared to women without.

We do have a grad on PgAL (@snedge) who moved to IVF for this reason and a lot of personal knowledge on endo.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board. I don't have any advice but hopefully you find the answers soon.
    Me: 26 DH:28
    TTC - Sept 2014
    # 1 BFP - October 5, 2014 EDD June 5, 2015 CP - October 14, 2014

TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animal Interactions in the Snow
  • Thank you ladies for all your responses. I have my post op appointment on the 19th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"