Options

No UO yet? Let's do this ish.

2»

Re: No UO yet? Let's do this ish.

• Options
    GypsySoul1112GypsySoul1112 member
    edited November 2014
    becwheat said:

Agreed with the shoppers on Thanksgiving! It makes me cringe to see people waiting in lines instead of sharing the time with their families. Unless they are all shopping together, or something..but still!!

My UO: It's not ok to stuff yourself at one Thanksgiving meal. This year, DH and I had our whole menu done by 11:30 so we could pace ourselves throughout the whole day!
    It's ignorant to assume that everyone has family they want to share time with.
    It's ignorant to assume they aren't there with family.
    It's ignorant to assume that they didn't spend the whole day with family and are ready to get the fuck away from them.

I ate one meal today. I can eat however the fuck I like. So can you. Bite me.

I personally hate shopping on Tgiving or black Friday, but I have friends who are estranged from family or do not have family and they actually love the shopping part or the week. Whatever makes them happy.

Yes, you both have a good point. I thought about people who cannot be or do not want to be with their families in retrospect, but did not go back to change the original post. I can definitely see why some people would want to use the shopping as a relief from seeing family. An example would be people struggling with addictions. My therapist told me, and I completely agree, that the holidays can be a very stressful time for families with ill family members. I can also empathize with this from personal experience so I'm glad yall reminded me to be grateful it's not the case any more. My post stemmed more from being sad I couldn't be with my own family, and I unfairly assumed people would feel the same.  
    Me: 29 DH: 34 Married 9/8/12 Started TTC 10/01/12
    Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea by RE in 2/2013
          Provera + Ovidrel trigger = BFP #1 3/24/13
    DD born 11/12/13
    TTC #2 since 9/01/14
    Tamoxifen + Ovidrel trigger = CP (cycle 3)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"