February 2015 Moms
Options

Drug free birth prep

What are you doing to prep for an unmedicated delivery?

Re: Drug free birth prep

• Options
    Also what a strange edit...
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is odd...

And open you want me to email you my responses? Your screenname is opening you up for all of stalking and spam.
    Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    I'd actually be interested in hearing the answers for question #2 :)  I've thought about going drug free, but haven't taken any classes, ect or researched it that much(Hospital Child birthing class is in January, but that is the all day general one, not geared specifically at drug free births) , so odds are probably going to start yelling for the drugs.  What have people done/are planning on doing? 
  • Options
    jaztastic said:

@flyster you do all the things you said you haven't done. 1) research 2) take natural birth class(es)

Haha yeah good points :)
  • Options
    This made my morning
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Do you mean unmedicated lady bits?
    Anniversary 

• Options
    Was the original title still asking about drug free birth? So confused what the original post has to do with drug free birth - cause if you can't handle the pain at 27-31 weeks, you can't handle a med free birth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    SaraL1175SaraL1175 member
    edited November 2014
    To address drug free birth--I've done with and without epidural. For my 32 hour labor, all the Bradley diet and inward meditation in the world couldn't help at about the 24 hour point, when I needed rest. I did have an epidural-free delivery last time, but with antibiotics (group b strep) and pitocin. There, having Lamaze and Bradley classes, freedom of movement, a low-intervention provider (hospital midwife), a supportive L&D nurse, a supportive spouse, and the confidence that my labor would NOT last 32 hours all helped.

Bradley classes last 12 weeks so probably getting pretty tight to get into one in time for a february birth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"