Preemies

Intro

Hi ladies. I just want to introduce myself. I'm 25 weeks pregnant & currently on bed rest at the hospital due to a short cervix. I've had the steroid shots & am getting magnesium sulfate for the baby's brain. I'm staying here approximately 3 weeks, but don't really know for sure. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving & I'm getting sad I won't be with my family. I have a 2 1/2 year old boy and feel so bad we can't be together. :(( I'm also very worried that this baby can make her appearance very soon.

Re: Intro

• Hello! I'm sorry you are going through this stress. I was in a similar situation close to this time last year with a spontaneous pPROM at 29 weeks with 4 older kids at home. I hope you are resting comfortably as possible and the mag (Blech!) has done its job. Every day you can remain carrying your little one is a victory. Stay positive! This board has lots of resources and info, just gleaning through the pins and old posts. Keep us posted on your progress!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Welcome! Hope your baby stays put for you.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I hope everything is working out for you, hope your LO has stayed put!
  • Hi there I am in a very similar situation! I was diagnosed with a short and funneling cervix at my 20 week ultrasound, they gave me a cerclage and the steroids shots at 24 weeks. I was in the hospital for a month on strict bed rest, and was just discharged last week. I am now 26 weeks along and so far so good! Just hang in there and stay positive! I know that seems easier said then done, but it is important to stay strong and know that what your doing is best for your little one :)
  • Hi ladies.. Well I gave birth to my princess at 26 wks 1 day... She is doing very well.. I hope she continues to make progress. She makes me proud everyday. Thank you for all of your kind words!
  • Welcome to the board! My son was born at 26 weeks, 1 day also. Today he is healthy and happy! Let me know if I can help with any questions. Just take things one day at a time. And congrats!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

• Congratulations and welcome to your LO!  Hope she continues to do well and you're not in the hospital for too long.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"