1st Trimester

suggestions or a remedy

Good evening... so I have a question with this pregnancy I am SUPER nauseous (i was not like this when I was pregnant with my DS) so my mom suggested that I talk to my Dr to see if he will prescribe me something for the nausea but I can't call the office til Monday is there anything over the counter I can try or some remedies that may have helped you? I honestly don't know how I am going to make it through thanksgiving with all the different smells...it doesn't help, Lol! Thanks!

Re: suggestions or a remedy

• Anything with ginger in it. Chewing gum also helped me. Good luck.
  • Thanks...I have tried ginger ale but that doesn't seem to help. Gum is a good idea thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • Mints. Popsicles and sprite help me. Good luck
  • I find it's worse when I wake up with an empty stomach but my sickness never goes away. My doctor prescribed me Zofran but it didn't help me and made matters worse by making me extremely constipated with bad cramps, drinking water is so difficult because it makes me sloshy. I also have heartburn 24/7. People swear by Ginger tea, just make sure it doesn't contain any bad ingredients like licorice root tea, Popsicles are good to suck on and stay hydrated and fizzy water. Triscuits have been somewhat helpful and dry Cheerios have been my savior, sometimes with milk as well if I can handle it.
  • I had it bad this time around and opted to not take any meds. This is what helped for me take the edge off: sour candies (they sell ones called Preggy Pop Drops but sour Skittles and Sour Patch kids worked as well. Anything with ginger. If you can find ginger slices in a jar or from a Japanese restaurant that's easy & great. Try and eat small snacks. I found a few crackers with cheese would help. The other thing I found to work was caffeine free coke. Just a tiny bit. These aren't the healthiest options but they worked for me & I had it BAD!! If you do go this route just brush your teeth a lot more lol. I hope you feel better soon! There's nothing like feeling hungover and sea sick for a few months straight.
  • Fresh ginger juice helped me for a while. Ginger ale didn't work. Fresh ginger in any form helped me.
  • I've heard that half a Unisom and vitamin b6 before bed helps. I luckily haven't been nauseated myself.
  • Dont let your stomsch go empty and unisom was origonally a anti nausea medicine before it was marketed as a sleep aid. Obviously only take unisom before bed.
  • pixieprincsspixieprincss member
    edited November 2014

Eat protein! Every single time you start to feel it, eat something with protein in it. This does not have to be meat, though it could! It could be...

baked beans
    deviled eggs (or whatever kind of eggs you like)
    guacamole or other avacado
    quesadilla with cheddar and beans or meat
    jerky
    hummus
    fage
    couscous
    edamame
    oatmeal
    bar like ProBar Base (20g of protein)
    high-protien nut (almond, brazil nut, hazelnut, pine nut)
    spoonful of peanut butter

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"