Stay at Home Moms

Christmas card etiquette

I got my Christmas cards done early this year.  I was thinking that I would see a lot of family over Thanksgiving and could just hand deliver them and save some stamps.  Is that just wrong? and should I just send them, or can I do that? 
Anyone can be cool, but awesome takes practice!

Re: Christmas card etiquette

• I am not sure about the etiquette, but part of the fun (in my opinion) is opening the mailbox and pulling out cards.  

I am sure there will be someone with an idea of what Emily Post would say...
  • I would mail them. They're Christmas cards, not Thanksgiving cards.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with this^^. Getting cards in the mail is half the fun in my opinion! I would mail them out.
  • Ok...didn't take much to persuade me.. :-)  I'll hold off and mail them later...just being cheap!

Anyone can be cool, but awesome takes practice!
  • I am hand delivering them to family we are seeing for Thanksgiving. This is the first year I've had them done this early.

• I think hand delivering early is fine. I'm perplexed by the ones I get hand delivered at gatherings on Christmas Day or after  :-?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • la79al said:
    I think hand delivering early is fine. I'm perplexed by the ones I get hand delivered at gatherings on Christmas Day or after  :-?
    Like they had some extras laying around, so thought you maybe would like one?  Ha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"