September 2014 Moms

NBR - Christmas Goodies

I work in a small office and we're all really close and we exchange small gifts at Christmas . Even though I'm on maternity leave, I'll be joining them for Christmas lunch. This year I'm going to make little goody baskets with some homemade goodies (and maybe some store bought stuff like summer sausage). Two of my co-workers are diabetics. I'm still going to give them the sweets because they eat some and their families will enjoy. But I'm searching for some diabetic friendly Christmas snacks also. So share your Christmas candies, cookies, breads, snack mix, etc recipes please! And tacos to anyone with diabetic friendly suggestions.

Re: NBR - Christmas Goodies

• Homemade classic chex mix is one of my go-to items.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My Ps like sugar free worthers and turtles. Hersey stuff is ok too. Make something salty or savory to complement the sweet like chex mix or popcorn.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Loading the player...
  • Oooh idea: you could make cookies in a jar where you layer dry ingredients-but use Splenda baking sugar/brown sugar instead of regular. Just make sure to check the portions sometimes they're not equivalent.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• For some reason this popped into mind after reading the cookie mix idea..I was in a winter wedding last year and the favors were cute little jars filled with hot chocolate mix, mini marshmallows, and a Hershey's kiss. you could use sugar free mix too.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"