Infertility
Options

Cancelled IVF due to nothing growing... now what?

My IVF cycle was cancelled as of last Monday. I'm DOR with low AMH and I was doing a microdose lupron flare protocol, but nothing grew. 

Tomorrow morning I go back for an ultrasound/bloodwork and we decide what's next. Has anyone been in this situation? Can they just start me on a different protocol now, a week-and-a-half after stopping stims? Or do I have to wait for my period... in which case I wouldn't be able to start until January as the lab closes mid-December. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cancelled IVF due to nothing growing... now what?

• Options
    Sorry, I tried updating my ticker like 5 times in the recent past and it won't change!

I'm in NJ... maybe it's a Northeast thing with closing centers!

Ticker warning...
  • Options
    Test
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in NJ and my RE doesn't start another cycle until January. wonder if we go to the same RE.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    So sorry that this happened! I hate cancellations! 

I am stimming right now and checked about this with my nurse as well because it is possible that we may need to cancel as well (I have a cyst and only three microfollicles). My clinic is also closed in December. She said that if this cycle cancels during stims then we'll wait for my period, and then start estrogen patches/pills after I ovulate in the next cycle (December) and then start stimming in January. Basically we are changing the protocol to estrogen priming protocol which takes longer than MDLP. WE can start with the patches when the clinic is closed and will be ready for stims when they open in January.

Hopefully I won't cancel but that is the plan just in case.

---- Siggy warning ------

Me 34 y/o  DH 35 y/o

IVF#1 (ICSI)-- April 2014-- MDL with BCP, 5R, 4 ICSID, 3dt with three embryos, 1 six-day freeze (2BA grade)-- BFN

IVF#2.1 (ICSI)-- August 2014: MDL without BCP-- cancelled

Natural IUI on 11/8 -- BFN

IVF#2.2 (ICSI)--Nov/Dec 2014: MDL without BCP, 5R, 1 ICSID, frozen on day 6 (grade 2BB)

FET #1: transferred two 5 (or 6?)day embryos on January 27. Beta #1 (2/4): 158, Beta #2 (2/6): 391 Beta #3(2/9): 1187 BFP! 

First u/s at 5w1d showed one gestational sac and yolk sac. Second u/s at 6w showed heartbeat at 102. Third u/s at 7w heart rate 145. EDD 10/15/2015

• Options
    Just want to say good luck! I'm confused as to what you would need to warn anyone about. What am I missing?
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

• Options
    No advice...but sorry that you got cancelled!  Hope that you can cycle very soon. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry that happened to you. Estrogen priming might be a better protocol for you. Ask your doctor about it. That is the gold standard for women like us.  I am DOR/low AMH too and I had a really good response to that protocol. 

My RE made me wait another full natural cycle after a failed IVF because she said the meds are hard on your body and you need a break but I went through egg retrieval and transfer and all that (ended with a c/p) so if you never even got to egg retrieval maybe you won't have to wait. I hope the next time works better! 
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    No advice, but I'm sorry about being cancelled :(

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Sorry to hear this. Don't get too discouraged, cancelled cycles are frequently followed by cycles with successful protocols. I agree with @BootsOrHearts, an estrogen priming protocol (EPP) is often successful for those of us with DOR/low AMH. Taking a break for the holidays and cycling again in January might be just what you need. Good luck.

*early loss mentioned*
    Me: 34   dx: endo and DOR
    DH: 38   dx: normal
    Endometrioma removed from left ovary 4/'09 
    Started TTC Aug. 2012 
    BFP Jan. '13 - (no heartbeat at 8w appointment) spontaneously MC at 9w 
    Nov. '13 AMH level 0.98 
    April '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    May '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    June '14 AMH level 0.5 
    IVF #1 July '14, 4R/4M/3F   2 8 cells transferred on day 3, nothing made it to freeze, BFN 
    IVF #2 Nov '14 EPP stimmed for 12 days 9R/4M/4F   2 7 cells transferred on day 3, nothing to freeze, BFN
    IVF #3 May '15 cancelled after highest possible meds dosages for over two weeks. converted to IUI, BFN
    DE IVF #1 Dec '15 transferred one BB2 blast, BFP due August 2016

ALL Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"