Health & Exercise
Options

Will my pre-pregnancy jeans ever fit again?

enunley1000enunley1000 member
edited November 2014 in Health & Exercise
I had a beautiful baby boy 4 wks ago. I was a size 2/3 prior to baby. I gained 50+ pounds during my pregnancy. Baby is formula fed due to breastfeeding issues. I can't get my pre pregnancy jeans up over my thighs. I see all these women who say they were back in their pre pregnancy jeans a week or two after baby. The weight is coming off but I'm frustrated that my jeans don't fit. My question is how long did it take you to get back into your jeans and/or were any of you unable to get back into your jeans? I had really narrow hips before baby and I'm wondering if my hips have widened or if I just have thunder thighs! :)

Re: Will my pre-pregnancy jeans ever fit again?

• Options
    I was back to pregnancy weight within a week but you know what?  My jeans still didn't fit!

You will definitely get back into those jeans, but maybe not as quickly as you'd like.  A lot of people say "9 months on, 9 months off" for the weight.  And while that's an average, it gives you something to think about.  You didn't put those 50lbs on in 4 weeks, so they're not going to magically fly off in 4 weeks either.  Your muscle tone is off, and it's going to take time for everything to get back in place in addition to the weight.  Your body went through a pretty major ordeal, give it time!
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Went to the doctor this week for my 6 week check and I've lost about half the weight. It's just so frustrating to see all my pretty clothes and not be able to wear them! I'm trying to be patient :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

After my first, it took about 9 months for my pre-pregnancy clothes to fit. After my second, they just didn't. I find that my hips are wider, so even if I was to get back to pre-pregnancy weight (which was not/would not be healthy, I was quite thin) they probably wouldn't fit in the same way/comfortably. I'm definitely not carrying much extra weight in my hips, they have just spread

6 weeks is really too soon to tell, so don't get down on yourself. I was so worried about fitting into my old stuff after my first. I think it was part of me not wanting to loose myself in motherhood.

It sucks because of the money aspect of course, but truth be told, I look better at my higher weight (20 lbs more than I used to be)! So in my case, I don't mind. Maybe this will be the case for you too...?? When I'm *actually* done having kids, I plan on getting a bunch of nice new stuff. What I had in my closet when I had DD in 2012 won't be in style by the time I'm done anyway (either this summer or in 2017 if we go for 4).

• Options
    I'm 8weeks PP and just now able to wear my rings and shoes again. Focus on the wins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"