October 2014 Moms

First period after baby

Oh man...almost 7 weeks pp and my period is here. I'm breastfeeding and was hoping for a little bit longer of a respite!! Worst cramps ever and I feel like I'm bleeding more than when I did after giving birth!! Normal? Or should I call the Dr? Just started the second week of my birth control-could this have brought on my period? Ugh...I hate being female sometimes!!

Re: First period after baby

• I thought I had started my period about a week after I started the mini-pill. That was 5 weeks ago and nothing else happened, so I think it was just the birth control. 
  • I had my IUD put in today and I'm bleeding from that but I believe you can get your period anytime after the baby is born...you just got lucky.  (Not lucky, you know what I mean)

Also, "normal" is relative - some people are still bleeding from delivery at 6 weeks.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Loading the player...
  • edited November 2014
    My first period arrived the other day, 5.5 weeks PP, and is heavier than post delivery recovery.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Mine showed up the other day. I was 2 weeks into my bc pills. But mine was super light.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"