April 2014 Moms

It's All About Those Sides

I love Turkey for Thanksgiving as much as the next person, but it is all about the side dishes for me.  What is your favorite side dish?  Any amazing recipes?  I'd love to try something new :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Oct 16 March Siggy Challenge

Oct 16 Feb Siggy Challenge

Re: It's All About Those Sides

• Hmmmm. I like sweet potatoes.

And home made mashed potatoes
    I boil cauliflower Brussel sprouts an potatoes together then drain spice as you like and add some butter and heavy cream.
  • Homemade Mac & Cheese and Green Beans. :x
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like any of the usual thanksgiving foods except mashed potatoes. I like the skin in and a tiny bit of horseradish. Way better than it sounds. But my god, is there any form of potato that isn't amazing?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We love rainbow layered jello with whipping cream on top. I also like apple/walnut salad. Other than that we have the usual dressing, rolls, yams, green beans, mashed potatoes. Oh and parsnips. LOVE parsnips!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Roasted root vegetables

Cornbread, cranberry and sausage stuffing

Love sweet potatoes - not in a casserole with brown sugar, etc., just a regular sweet potato with butter

Roasted cauliflower

My dad's green bean casserole

fresh cranberry applesauce

• stuffing! I use an old family recipe. Stovetop just doesn't cut it.
  • Slow cooker mashed potatoes and gravy!

• I usually make the sweet potatoes - last year I did bourbon glazed (AMAZING), this year is maple & pecan tossed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Yum!  You are all making me hungry!  I can't wait for Thursday.  Happy Thanksgiving to all you mamas!

Pregnancy Ticker

Oct 16 March Siggy Challenge

Oct 16 Feb Siggy Challenge

• Crawfish cornbread dressing is my specialty.
  • Cornbread dressing 
    Broccoli and cheese casserole

I LIVE for these.
  • Mashed potatoes, heavy on the butter and garlic, and depending on my mood with either gravy or sour cream.

Also, more of an appetizer really, but deviled eggs. Only way I'll eat a hard-boiled egg yolk!

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Deviled eggs and gerkins and black olives, oh my!
  • Bread, bread and more bread.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• I make two kinds of bread, an olive braid and a rosemary wreath, stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy, beans and broccoli roasted with bacon, brussel sprouts with cranberry brown butter... usually I make a corn casserole but I'm skipping it this year.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love it all. I'm wondering how this year will go since we are celebrating with a family we've never celebrated with before. I hope they have good food.
  • Crab salad, pecan Carmel sweet potatoes, bacon broccoli salad and a fluffy whipped fruit salad .

But the ultimate side for me is the homemade warm rolls! And cinnamon honey butter ... Stop I die.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"