September 2014 Moms
Options

VENT... the stupid neighbor lady

So we came over to MIL's the other day to do laundry and hang out and so DH could get some work done. MIL's neighbor was in the house again.

A little background on this lady... She has been mooching off of my ILs for the last few weeks. She lost her job, and is about to lose her house, and apparently has no money for food. But yet, every time that she comes over to eat, or get ice, or whatever (she's even taking toilet paper now), she's acting like she's tweaked out on something. Yet, there's no money for food, uh huh. (what bothers me most is that she's clearly on something and taking advantage of my MIL.)

Apparently, while I was starting the laundry the other day, my MIL went to pick up my daughter out of the little bassinet that she has at her house. DH told me about this b/c he was in the room when this happened. This lady up and told both my husband and my MIL that it doesn't look like this baby is growing.

If she only fucking knew how I have fought with DH over feeding, worried about supply issues, and how much sleep I have lost. My baby IS growing. I can feel it, and Tuesday will prove it when she goes to the doctor.

That really pisses me off that she would have the gall to say something like that when she doesn't know my struggle with the whole feeding thing. DH and MIL both told me not to worry about it, but that just really makes me angry that she hauled off and insulted me like that. It REALLY bothers me. She's lucky that I wasn't in the room, honestly. I probably would have hit her. I don't care if she's the neighbor. That doesn't give her any rights to say shit like that. I'll get over it, I just needed to vent. Sorry so long.

Re: VENT... the stupid neighbor lady

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, so I asked my MIL and DH about her. Apparently she has history of drug and alcohol abuse.
  • Options
    Pull the " I don't want her around my baby" card? We didn't see My FIL for two years after a drunken outburst that scared DS. I didn't want him exposed to an angry drunk. I see no problem with not wanting your baby around the questionably drugged out neighbor.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• Options
    @RedBaramid‌ I don't mind that you ranted on my rant. Its cool. :-)

My DH told me that she used to come and go at all hours of the day and night, just about every ten minutes. My MIL tried to say that she was just going for gas, beer, etc. News flash: you can't go somewhere and back in ten minutes in my city unless its down the street. It takes at least 20 minutes to get anywhere and back.

I'm going to pull that card from now on. I don't want her around my kids. MIL should know better, but she wants to help. I understand that, but there comes a point when you just can't anymore. She needs to help herself now before anyone else can even possibly try to help her.
  • Options
    kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited November 2014
    Wow some people just can't help but put their foot in their mouth.. I know that must've been a touchy topic and I don't blame you for being angry! Rest assured you're doing what's best for your baby and this odd lady needs to mind her own damn business.

I'd also probably tell my MIL how uncomfortable it makes me having someone around my child with a history of drug and alcohol problems. that should hopefully give the hint for your inlaws to not let this woman over while you're there.. Even though you can't stop your inlaws from helping or being taken advantage of, you can at least not have to see it in person.
  • Options
    LMFAO @Yuristar‌ THAT IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"