Infertility
Options

New here - Intro

I've been lurking this board off an on for about 8 months as my husband and I began to stumblingly navigate the whole IVF process, mostly to remind myself that I am not the only one who is struggling and that there are ways of getting through all of this. First, I should share that I am not undergoing IVF for infertility, but because I have a balanced reciprical chromosomal translocation. My mother unknowingly had the same condition and therefore my younger brother has Cri-du-chat and Cornelia Delang, fairly severe developmental disorders with physical and mental disabilities. My parents had me karyotyped (which I frustratingly had to have re-done at the genesis of this process because the doctors lost it) shortly after his diagnosis, so I have known since I was a child that having children naturally was really not an option. Anyway, my DH (28) and I (26) have been together for over ten years and, after more than a year struggling to start all of this due to a lack of medical guidance and questions like, "Where the hell are we going to get all this money?!", we are finally starting stimulation. I had some crushing anxiety about these medications, especially since we purchased a 2-cycle package and I have almost no tolerance for foreign substances; I even got most of the nasty side effects of the birth control. Also, I am actually healthy and quite fertile, so I will be a high responder, which puts me at a greater risk for things like OHSS. However, I just did 150 of Follistim yesterday and am pleased to report that I have almost no noticable reactions (a few twinges of abdominal pain and some discomfort when first laying down). But I'm wondering: is this a normal dosage or is it low? Anyone else used Follistim and how did you react to it?

Re: New here - Intro

• Options
    I was on 150 follistim as well. I am a high responder. Sadly for me the reality is I have a lot of eggs and make great embies, but I have complications that make carrying difficult. I wish you luck on this journey. FX you and your H find success with this process.
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also started out on 150 due to a chance of over stimulating and then added in Menopur. My biggest fear of doing IVF was how I was going to react to all the meds, as I have a very sensitive system. I can honestly say I had not one side effect, and quite honestly felt great. My face cleared up, I lost a couple pounds, my hair started doing fabulous things, and overall I felt cheerful. I think all the hormones did me well :) I have now started the PIO and estrace and have some annoying side effects ( sore boobs, constipation, cramping) that I'm hoping will subside soon....but nothing I can't handle. Good luck! You will be fine!
    Me:30 DH:30 
    TTC since January 2013 
    Him: Excellent SA
    Me: 2 clear HSG's, perfect 28 day cycle with ovulation, all testing/blood work good
    1/23/14- **Surgery**
    Diagnosis: severe pelvic adhesions from stage 3/4 endo and old ruptured appendix
    RE Recommends IVF due to likely tubal damage
    IVF #1- November 2014 
                     Started stims 11/7. Antagonist Protocol
                     Trigger 11/17, HCG/Lupron
                     ER 11/19   27R/24m/14F
                     ET 11/24   1 little embie 
                     5 frosties!!! 
                     First ever BFP-  12/4 Beta #1: 35  12/8 Beta #2: 9  CP 

FET #1- February 2015 

• Options
    Welcome and good luck.  I hope your stay here is short.
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • Options
    Welcome! FX for you!

***  Losses Mentioned ***

Me: 35 this month DH: 35

TTC since January 2013

2/13: BFP  4/13: MC @ 9 weeks - D&C - no chromosome testing
    7/13: BFP  10/13: MC @ 3 1/2 months - D&C - chrom test normal

11/13: 1st RE visit for testing only - AMH .4 - FSH 11 - positive MTHFR (one copy)

2/14: BFP 4/13 (identical mono/tri quads, 2 conjoined) - MC @ 8 weeks - D&C - chrom test normal

10/14: RE 2nd opinion & IVF consult - Dx small uterine septum - AFC 3 total - recommended banking 3 ERs - DH slightly low morphology
    12/14: First ER cycle - EPP w/testosterone, Lupron microflare w/Saizen. 4R/3M/2F. Both abnormal. RE strongly recommends donor eggs.

• Options
    I'm not much help in answering your questions. But welcome, and good luck!
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"