Trouble TTC

The blue toilet seat mystery happened to me!

I feel like someone at some point already posted about this, because somehow I knew it could happen. I switched prenatals and boom: my toilet seat turned blue. Not like smurf blue...but a blue tint. There are loads of theories on why it happens, but the most common denominator I have noted from Google is prenatal vitamins. So, if your toilet seat suddenly turns blue, you are not going nuts. A word of warning: if you google it, you'll see loads of BFP stories (but it definitely happens to non-pregnant gals...and men.)
Me: 34 | He: 40
TTC since 08/2012
DX: DOR

Re: The blue toilet seat mystery happened to me!

• @cokiebear‌ I used to just take the Target brand, but softgels are supposed to be absorbed better. I just switched to these: https://www.naturemade.com/multivitamins/prenatal-and-postnatal/prenatal-dha-liquid-softgel
    TTC since 08/2012

• The toilet seat turned blue?!?! I'm definitely going to have to google this.......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: 31, Premature ovarian failure, brought on by Addison's Disease
    DH: 32, Testicular cancer survivor-- 9 vials of frozen sperm saved
    Married: September 27, 2014
    IVF cycle #1-- Dec '14/ Jan '15
    Meanwhile, we have one little fur-baby to keep us busy!

• Loading the player...
  • That's crazy! I had to Google it too. Never heard of it before. Lots of what I read mentioned hormonal spikes/drops as the likely cause? And that it can make things like bed sheets and clothes turn blue too. Weird!
    *** If you want to know where I (and soo many others) have gone, click here ***
  • FluffydamnFluffydamn member
    edited November 2014
  • Um....weird. But kinda cool. :) I want to be able to say my bum has the power to turn things blue.

***** All Welcome *****
    ***** Siggy Warning *****

TTC since Dec, 2012. Me: 33; DH: 34

- Ultrasound to look at "lay of the land": normal
    - Blood work: normal
    - OPKs and ultrasound to confirm ovulation: Yes
    - SA for DH: Normal (a couple numbers on the low side of normal)
    - HSG: Normal
    - Doing several cycles of Letrozole, TI and progesterone
        - Aug cycle of Letrozole, TI and progesterone came back with a BFP-MC at 7 weeks.
    - Benched until Jan
    - Starting Letrozole, TI, Progesteron and HCG Trigger in Feb cycle

• @BlueJoan‌ I'm just glad it happened to my toilet and not someone else's seat. That'll be a fun conversation.
    TTC since 08/2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"