September 2014 Moms
Options

Baby does not poop on own

i ebf and baby does not poop on own! At first it was 4-5 days... Now it is going on 7-10. The pediatrician at first was saying baby absorbs everything and it's normal... But when she does go they are explosive it just keeps coming out. She doesn't seem uncomfortable but obviously it bothers me. The ped. Would tell me to stimulate with Vaseline and qtip.. So that has been a weekly thing until last week because I didn't want her to rely on that... So the 10th day last Friday Lo had her 2 month check up. Dr. Stimulated her with Vaseline and qtip and soon enough out it all came...she finally believed me that she is not "absorbing" it all. Also it is not hard so she is not constipated! She then sent me to get an ultrasound of her spine so see if everything was good anatomically...which I was a nervous wreck for! Everything was Normal so dr. Suggested 1/2 ouce of water and gerber pear juice.. She won't take a bottle or through a dropper... Has anyone had this issue with a lo and what worked?!? I'm pretty desperate!

Re: Baby does not poop on own

• Options
    RedBaramidRedBaramid member
    edited November 2014
    Have you tried giving the water or juice with pumped breast milk a little at a time throughout the day? You could give it mixed in a bottle or a dropper... she may just not like the taste.

**edited a word because this momma is sleepy and hasn't had her coffee yet
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She doesn't take a bottle even with milk! We have a lot of practicing before I start work...and with the dropper she starts to cough and gag with a little drop... But downs gripe water with the dropper!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know if you've been trying this, but if you aim the dropper at the inside of her cheek and do just a little at a time it might be easier to get her to swallow some.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you use a syringe and put your pinky in her mouth with the pad of your finger facing the roof of her mouth to stimulate her to suck it might help her to not gag. That's how we fed DD when she was first born before I got all our latch issues sorted out.
  • Options
    This is exactly what I was looking for... Thank you for the article now I don't feel so worried the only thing is when I didn't do anything I still had nothing the 10th day and then it gushed out twice throughout the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"