Infertility

***December Sugar Plum's Check-In 11/20***

tifgatifga member
edited November 2014 in Infertility
Welcome to the December Sugar Plum Check-In!!!  Check-ins will be every Monday & Thursday. Your check-in leaders are @meatandbandp (Monday) and @tifga (Thursday).

This is a check-in for those who are doing IVF/IVM or FET with an ER/ET scheduled for December. If you are interested in joining, please fill us in on your cycle below.  Please include what cycle number this is for you, where you are in the process, when you expect to start stims, and when you're planning on retrieval and transfer.  Also, please update us along the way!

Here is the link to the updated badge.
https://i57.tinypic.com/idvc6a.jpg
Thanks @katers79‌ for fixing it.

Below is our list so far. Everyone is welcome, so please let us know if you would like to be added.

QOTW: In honor of American Thanksgiving what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? What are you making this year? And most importantly, who is watching the parade?

BFP 

PUPO!!!!!  (((Congrats)))

Cycles Completed

Between ER/ET

Stimming/Priming
@meatandbandp FET #3
@swyatt2014 IVF#1

Prep (BCP/Lupron/EPP
@tifga FET #2
@katers79 FET#1
@IfMamaAintHappy IVF #2
@TLooney17 IVF#1
@calbiz FET#1
@Marissa6609 FET#1
@Kcheese IVF#1
me 33- everything looks good
mister 34- PCD zero motilty 
TTC#1 using donor sperm
IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
mc March 2014
IUI#5 April 6th prometrium-BFN
IUI #6 cancled ovulated too early
IVF# 1 July
ER: Aug 3rd: 18R 15M 14F
10 embryos frozen
ET: Oct. 7th 1x5BA blast-BFN
ET: Jan 9th 1x3AA blast- Beta 1/21

imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: ***December Sugar Plum's Check-In 11/20***

• I'm just cruising along with my Lupron. I have an u/s/lab tomorrow, and I should start follistim and low dose hcg on Saturday.

QOTW: That is a tough question because I like it all! I love mashed potatoes though. I am making sweet potato casserole and pumpkin crunch cake. I love watching the parade :)

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• calbizcalbiz member
    edited November 2014
    I am sitting at the RE's office waiting for labs and ultrasound. My dosage of Lupron should be changing today or tomorrow and I should be starting patches also.

I managed to break my bottle of Lupron last night, so I must work on getting another vial before tonight's dose. My clumsiness is a running family joke, so it's no surprise that I would break a vial!

QOTW-- My favorite Thanksgiving dish is dressing, some of you may call it stuffing. This year I will be making a ham and a couple of casseroles. My Mom will be doing the rest of the cooking.
  • Loading the player...
  • Morning girls!

@TLooney17‌ GL starting stims!
    @calbiz‌ what did you find out about replacing the lupron?

AFM- baseline US and labs are good. I decreased lupron and added estrace, baby aspirin, and prednisone on Tuesday. I'm hoping the lupron headaches will decrease as well- they're a B.

QOTD- I'm not a big fan of thanksgiving food- I know, I'm weird. I do love me some green bean casserole and stuffing though. I'm making a double batch of the green beans so I get extra leftovers ;;)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• No big update here.  Go in tomorrow for bloodwork to confirm O then I should start estrogen patches before our next check in. 

QOTD: I love Thanksgiving food and love cooking it even more.  Turkey and cranberry sauce (out of a can and homemade) are the top of my list!

*** siggy warning- losses mentioned- everyone welcome *****

Me:  36

DH:  42  (w/ 2 children from prior marriage)

Us:  TTC for our 1st together since August 2013

1st BFP:  November 2013  (m/c at 7 wks)

2nd BFP:  February 2014  (m/c at 6 wks)

RPL Panel started in March 2014

3rd BFP:  May 2014 (m/c at 5 wks)

4th BFP:  June 2014 (CP at 4 wks)

RE appt in June 2014 (all RPL panel tests are normal...it's likely egg quality due to my age and borderline DOR)

Baseline AFC: 8 follies

2 IUI cycles (July and August 2014- both BFN)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI & PGS- October 2014 (AFC: 8 follies; ER Oct 20:  5R/3M/2F;  the 2 only made it to day 3 and stopped growing before biopsy)

key supplements: DHEA (25mg- 3x/day); CoQ10 (300 mg/day) ISWTE believer here!

IVF #2 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS- AFC:  13 follies!   10R/6M/6F-  5 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET scheduled for February 2015 delayed in order to do one more ER in hopes of getting at least 1 more normal embryo

IVF #3 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS:  7R/5M/5F-  2 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET #1 April 23, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred - BFN

FET #2 June 30, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred- BFP!! 

• TLooney17 Yay for stimes!

calbiz I am a major putz too so it is probably for the best husband does all my drugs for me. :)

katers79 Lupron headaches sound awful hope they ease up soon. 

IfMamaAintHappy Good luck at your appointment tomorrow.

MeatandBandP What does your Dr. want your limning to be before starting PIO? I thought 9 was when most people started it. 

AFM: Today is my last day of progesterone! So happy. And then my period and then the new cycle. 

QOTW: 
    I still can't get used to the idea of Thanksgiving before Halloween so I always do a little Thanksgiving meal for the REAL Thanksgiving.  This year I am making Thanksgiving meatballs, cranberry sauce, and ronniesgiril1981 posted some flourless pumpkin brownies I think I need to try and make. 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IVF# 1 July
    10 embryos frozen

• Good morning ladies!!!! I'm so glad everyone is progressing! Wellllllllll ... for me .... SIGH. I went in for my baseline US and BW yesterday ... and they told me to start my menopur and Gonal last night. Great right? Finally get this show on the road. SIKE! They called yesterday afternoon and said that my E2 was too high and that I cant start stimming yet. BUMMER. Totally crushed. Idk how E2 even gets high?!?!?! Anyway ... I have to go back tomorrow for another BW and US appt, and they said if (praying WHEN) my E2 is under 60, then I can start stimming. FX that this is a salvagable cycle. QOTD - I usually cook the ENTIRE meal. Not this year, too much going on. We just moved and I'm just tired. So I ordered a pre-cooked turkey, ham, and most of the sides. I WILL be spicing up the sweet potatoes though, and I always make string bean casserole, so that's where I will focus. Maybe creamy corn pudding and sweet cornbread muffins as well.

ME - 31, DX with dual hydrosalpinx (2012) , confirmed again in 2014, starting IVF 1st Cycle Dec 2014

Bloodwork done 8/8/2014 LH - 2.8, FSH 6.1

DH - 31, testing scheduled for 8/22/2014, 60-70% motility, no problems found

• swyatt2014 That sucks, here is hoping for low E2 tomorrow. 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IVF# 1 July
    10 embryos frozen

• Hi ladies! Not too much going on here. I am on day 2 of estrogen. We are going ahead and prepping for FET and assuming we will have 1 normal embryo (waiting on PGS results). If we don't have any normal, then I obviously we will be cancelled and it will be back to the drawing board.

QOTD: cheesy potato casserole is my favorite! I am not sure what I am making yet... happy to not be hosting :)

** Losses Mentioned **
    Me(32) - Low AMH (0.46) and DH(33) - All good!
    May 2014 - IUI (Follistim) = BFP! Ectopic. Surgery June 2014.
    August/Sept 2014 - IVF #1. BFP! Chemical Pregnancy.
    November 2014 - IVF #2; ER only - PGS testing 3 Frosties.
    December 2014 - FET #1 - Beta on 12/17!  BFP  *It's TWINS*

image        image      image  
  • @katers79 sorry about your headaches! I have to say my Lupron side effects have been really minimal. Nothing like my clomid headaches!

@swyatt2014 Hope your E2 is down tomorrow!

@Marissa6609 FX that all of your embryos are normal!

@calbiz good luck replacing your Lupron! What a pain :(

@MeatandBandP Have fun at all your monitoring appointments! My appointment schedule is almost exactly the same as yours!

@rtfga Yay for no more progesterone!

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2013 TTC #2
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

• @katers79--As you said it was not a problem to get more Lupron! My nurse called the Rx into a local pharmacy and they filled it with a small copay.

My intense freak out was for nothing!
  • TLooney17TLooney17 member
    edited November 2014

So I went for my u/s & bloodwork today, so I could start stims tomorrow and I have another freaking cyst! This will be the second time that my cycle is delayed. My ER should have been 11/19 originally, and it was moved to 12/3 when they found a cyst at my first baseline. I got the go ahead to start Lupron because that cyst dissolved and now I have another one :(. I may be able to try for an ER of 12/10 and I may not. If not, then I will be pushed to January. It all depends if they have room for me ( they only cycle so many patients at a time) and if the cyst is gone of course. I'm waiting for the nurse to call and let me know if I should continue the Lupron or what the plan is.

edited for update: I got the call from my nurse and the cyst is non hormonal. So since all of my hormones are good, I can go ahead and start stimming! If the cyst is still present during ER, my RE will aspirate it. I am so relieved!!! :)

This sucks so bad!!!

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2013 TTC #2

• What a frustrating scare @TLooney17‌ but I'm glad it worked out in the end.
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IVF# 1 July
    10 embryos frozen

• Hi Ladies....

I'm new.  Was with the Turkeys, now moving on to a Sugar Plum.  :)

About me... I will begin IVF#2 around 11/28 or so (baseline). 
    As you can see from my siggy, I'm a Fragile X carrier with very low egg reserve.  On top of that, I have a brain tumor/cyst (benign) and also have mild lupus/fibromyalgia.  We've been through one cycle but unfortunately were unable to get a "good" embryo from our first pull - we had 4 but 3 had Fragile X.  How's that for odds?!
    Due to my decreasing egg reserve, we're going to bank a while (oh yes and we will begin OOP with our IVF #3).  So I'll be here through ER, but won't schedule for an ET just yet. 
    I'll be sure to post more precise dates when I hear from our RE on Monday. 

QOTD: Stuffing!  I could eat it like it is going out of style, in fact in college I did.  (That could explain the 20 lb weight gain in college)  I just love the holiday and enjoy smooshing food together :)

Looking forward to following all you ladies. 

Our TTC Story
    I will ALWAYS believe that "everything happens for a reason".
    Me: 30, Lupus/Fibromyalgia, Fragile X Carrier, Low Egg Reserve - Potential early menopause
    Hubby: 31, No issues

Process began 11/7/13
    Initial Tests - 4 polyps in uterus
    Polypectomy 1/2014
    March 2014 - Abnormally Low Vitamin D, Hypothyroidism Discovered
    September 2014 - Insurance Denied  -  October 8th, 2014 - Insurance Reversed! :)
    IVF #1 - Began 10/24/2014
    ER - 6 embryos, lost 2, 4 able to be biopsied
    ET - Canceled - 4 Embryos (1 boy, 3 girls) - 3 affected with Fragile X, 1 girl too weak to transfer

Egg Pull Try #1/IVF 2 - Began 11/30/14 - ER produced 3 FROSTIES!
    Egg Pull Try #2/IVF 3 - Began 1/20/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"