South Florida Babies

South Miami Hospital or Mercy Hospital?

Hi Everyone
I have my first OB appointment in a few weeks. I'm torn between using a provider at Miami OB/GYN associates (who use Mercy Hospital) and South Miami OB/GYN associates (who use South Miami Baptist Hospital). Both OB's come highly recommended. I thought I might want to tour both hospitals to help me decide, but would love any real world advice or experiences with either. I actually live in Aventura so it's quite a drive to both the OB office and hospital but those are the two top recommended hospitals in the area. I know Mercy is older but I do like the fact that all of their rooms are private and the care gets high ratings. South Miami comes highly recommended too. Not sure how to decide. Any experience or thoughts would be appreciated!

Re: South Miami Hospital or Mercy Hospital?

• I worked at Mercy Hospital. The maternity floor was nice. I've had friends that delivered there. A lot of my friends delivered at south Miami too.
    I work at Jackson now and I'm delivering there. The maternity floor was just renovated and it's beautiful. All private rooms. My doctor is Dr. Yasin. He's specializes in high risk and multiple birth. Good luck finding the right hospital. I think Mercy or South Miami would be find. The distance is an issue so I think Mercy would be a better choice.
  • I worked at Mercy Hospital and gave birth to my daughter there. I had such an amazing experience with Dr. Larreu at Miami obgyn. She is amazing, the maternity floor was being renovated but all your tests and everything is done right there in the hospital. We got a private room, with a sofa that pulled out into a full-size bed. There's also three cafeterias where my husband seemed to enjoy being..lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi Annie, thank you so much! I am delivering at Mercy. I am seeing Dr. Mendia at Miami OB/GYN so it makes the most sense. We are scheduling a maternity tour in a few weeks. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"