3rd Trimester

This can't be life!!

How many different ways can you AW a pregnancy??

Re: This can't be life!!

• AmstreagleAmstreagle member
    edited November 2014
    Gross,is all I have to say and people actually liked their comment!
  • OP, are you in agreement with what you shared? Or against it? I think doing a gender reveal announcement (like cute balloon pictures) are ok, but to have a separate party surrounding the reveal is kinda pretentious, IMO. A name reveal even more so. Hello, it's called giving birth and saying "Macie Amelia arrived at 7:05 this morning!" Or putting your birth announcement in your local paper. That's ok, too.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't say I didn't warn you all.  Nursery reveals are next, ribbon cutting ceremony and all. 

So.fucking.vile.

I am losing faith in humanity.

God help us all!
  • Jews hold a naming ceremony that holds a lot of spiritual significance 8 days after the birth (in conjunction with the bris if it's a boy), and I'm fine with "reveals" of name and/or sex at the baby shower/sprinkle/whatever even if I do think they're hokey, but a separate event during the pregnancy, the sole purpose of which is to announce the name you have chosen is just weird sans religious significance. 
  • Someone make it stop.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Beevol also traditionally jews don't have baby showers or buy much stuff in preparation for the baby because of superstitions, so the naming ceromony/bris can take the place of pre-birth partys instead of adding yet another AW moment :)
  • We had a gender reveal party that served as our baby shower... We hoped that doing it this way people would be less likely to buy us clothes and more likely to buy us things we actually needed for baby, which we were right. And it was fun.
  • jmaino5 said:

We had a gender reveal party that served as our baby shower... We hoped that doing it this way people would be less likely to buy us clothes and more likely to buy us things we actually needed for baby, which we were right. And it was fun.

Gross.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"