New York Babies
Options

Brooklyn Birthing Center

Hi ladies! I was wondering if anyone has experience using the Brooklyn Birthing Center.  I have an appointment with them next week and I just want some feedback.  Thanks so much!

Re: Brooklyn Birthing Center

• Options
    I've been going there since July. I'm 14 weeks and so far I have no complaints. They answer every question I have in the office and spend a lot of time with you. Everyone there has been awesome so far. Even my husband loves going with me. I try to schedule an appointment with different midwives each time because you won't know who you will get during delirvery and so far I really like all the midwives I've meet. I would like to hear some birth experiences on here too.
  • Options
    Hi! Jealous! I found it wayyy before I was pregnant (I'm just 4 weeks now) and I contacted them yesterday and they have a wait list. I was hoping to work with their midwives too... fx I get in at some point. Was there a wait list when you got in?
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Then wasn't a wait list for me but probably because I was already a patient before I became pregnant. I hope you get in. So far my husband and I have loved the service we receive each appointment and the support we get in any decision we make. The midwives spend a lot of time with you and answer all your questions. Fingers crossed for you!!!
  • Options
    Thanks!
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"