Infertility
Options

New here! And, of course, have a question

Hi ladies. I have been lurking for awhile and finally signed up earlier this week. I am 37, DH is 42, we have been married a little over a year and going through our first IVF cycle.

Since the beginning of this journey my RE has told me that my ovaries are very hard to see, but nothing to worry about, once we stimulate they will be easier to see and blah blah blah. I started stims 10 days ago and my ovaries up until this point have still not really been showing themselves. The best I got was one follie seen 4 days ago and 2-3 follies seen 2 days ago, but my RE couldn't even tell which ovary he was looking at. He said it looked like they were side-by-side BEHIND my uterus. What?!?!  I went in this morning for my BW and sono and my RE couldn't find my ovaries at all. He wants me to come back tomorrow, but said (for the first time) that this is a problem and doesn't know if we will be able to continue. I am devastated. Has anyone else had a similar problem or heard of this happening? I don't know what to do. Is it possible to get them to move?

I appreciate any input. Thanks!

Re: New here! And, of course, have a question

• Options
    I never heard of this problem so I'm no help there.  Are you going in with an empty bladder?  If this doesn't resolve, can you get a second opinion from another RE?

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    After reading some of the experiences on this site and a couple of others I drank some prune juice and voila! 2 ovaries on sono! Looking like one more day of stims with possible ER on Thursday! We'll see what he says tomorrow!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    that is GREAT news. Prune juice huh? who knew! Well best of luck.

ME - 31, DX with dual hydrosalpinx (2012) , confirmed again in 2014, starting IVF 1st Cycle Dec 2014

Bloodwork done 8/8/2014 LH - 2.8, FSH 6.1

DH - 31, testing scheduled for 8/22/2014, 60-70% motility, no problems found

• Options
    Thanks, ladies! My RE laughs about the prune juice and said to keep at it. If my colon is empty it makes the ovaries easier to see! I got the go ahead to trigger tonight and ER is scheduled for Thursday morning. Nervous and excited at the same time! I don't know how I'll ever get to sleep tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"