Infertility

Intro -- New here!

Hello! I've been a lurker for a while, and I wanted to do a quick intro for myself. I did 2 IUIs earlier this year, and now we've moved on to IVF #1. I had my ER on 11/8. They retrieved 7 eggs; all 7 were mature, and 2 of them fertilized. My damn left ovary wasn't cooperating (it likes to hide behind my uterus, which made all the ultrasounds super fun), so they were only able to retrieve from my right. I was definitely really disappointed, since it means they only had access to half of my available eggs. But, I'm still happy they were able to get 7 and that 2 fertilized. Because there were only 2, they decided to do a 2-day transfer and do both. That was definitely a source of anxiety of us because we had talked about only doing 1. While I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with twins, the idea of 2 definitely stresses me out. If we get to that point, I guess it's a good problem to have! So right now I'm in the 2WW with my fingers crossed (4dp2dt). Thank you!
---------------------------------------
Me: 34 | DH: 40

TTC since 2012
DX is unexplained infertility

IUI #1 June 2014: BFN
IUI #2 August 2014: BFN

IVF #1 November 2014:
  11/8 ER; 7R/7M/2F
  11/10 ET; 2 transferred

Re: Intro -- New here!

• Welcome! GL-- FX for you!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome and good luck!

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Hi Jellybean! I have my fingers and toes crossed! Hoping for a BFP for you! I just posted about my ovaries hiding behind my uterus. I am on day 10 of stims and have not had much luck with my ovaries showing themselves. I left the RE office devastated and in tears this morning. I'm sorry you went through a similar situation, but also reassured to hear you were ab,e to have a successful ER. Best of luck during your 2WW!
  • @kels1977 Thank you! Welcome to the group. I took a look at your first post. My experience was pretty similar, and I know how difficult (and uncomfortable!) it can be. My right ovary usually cooperated, but my left they could only see about 1/2 the time. And even when they could see it, it was in the shadows. There never really seemed to be any rhyme or reason to when it would show up or not.

Sometimes it helped them when I would press down on different areas of my stomach while they were doing the ultrasound. Have you/they tried that? Also, I'm not sure how many REs you have at your office. At mine, there's something like 5-6 and they rotate who does the morning ultrasounds. I found that some of them were more persistent about trying different angles, having me press down on my stomach in different places, and just spending more time trying to get a good view.

They did say that sometimes for the ER that the ovary does drop into place, or that because you're sedated, the nurse in the room can press down to try to get it to pop into place, but unfortunately it wasn't cooperating for me that day.

TTC since 2012

IVF #1 November 2014:
      11/8 ER; 7R/7M/2F
      11/10 ET; 2 transferred
  • Welcome and good luck! 
  • Welcome and good luck!
  • @jellybean1106‌ My situation sounds very similar to yours. There are 4 REs at my office and my main doctor always seems to be on during the no show days. I noticed that one RE keeps the table at almost a 45 degree angle and she has had the most luck. Sorry if it's TMI, but I drank prune juice after my tear provoking appt yesterday and asked if I could sit more upright rather than push down on my tummy and voila! Lefty was in the shadows and righty was clear as day. My RE said he thinks just one more day of stims. I go back in the morning. Hoping for ER on Thursday!
  • I need you to tell me more about this trick! How much did you drink and when??

TTC since 2012

IVF #1 November 2014:
      11/8 ER; 7R/7M/2F
      11/10 ET; 2 transferred
  • GL!  Glad you are a tiny turkey!!

My TTC Story:

Me: 40,DH: 48, Married 10/07/2011, TTC since 09/2011, 03/2012 Started Clomid, 04/2012
    Clomid, 05/2012 Clomid, 06/2012 Went to RE, he found a plum size fibroid in uterus, husband has low sperm count, 06/06/2012 Removed fibroid, 08/2012 Hysteroscopy
    IVF #1 October 2012 - Retrieved 8 eggs, 5 fertilized, 10/13/2012 Transferred 3 embryos - 8, 5, and 4 cells,
    the other 2 eggs did not survive freezing, 10/26/2012 BFP!! Beta: 11, 10/26/12 Beta: 2 = Chemical Pregnancy
    IVF #2 - March 2014 - Mini IVF - Retrieved 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, 4 Frosties - 8, 9, 7, and 7 cells all in good condition. 

IVF #3 - May 2014 - Mini IVF - Retrieved 2 eggs, 2 fertilized, 2 Frosties - 6 and 8 in good condition. 
    FET #1 - September 2014 - Transferred 2 embryos - both 8 cells - BFN

FET#2 - November 2014 - Transferred 2 embryos - BFN

FET#3 - February 2014

*PAIF/SAIF Welcome*

image image  image image   image image

• I drink 4 ounces at a time. If nothing happens after 2-3 hours (usually it does) I drink 4 more ounces. Drinking it warm helps, too. My RE laughed at me again this morning when we had another easy sono and I exclaimed "prune juice!" He said to keep it up and. ER is scheduled for Thursday morning!
  • @kels1977 Well if it works, it works! That's awesome. I'll have to try that. Good luck with your ER!

TTC since 2012

IVF #1 November 2014:
      11/8 ER; 7R/7M/2F
      11/10 ET; 2 transferred
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards