Valley Hospital Comparison: Providence Holy Cross vs. Northridge Hospital — The Bump
Los Angeles Babies

Valley Hospital Comparison: Providence Holy Cross vs. Northridge Hospital

Hi mommies and mommies-to-be,

I'm wondering if any of you have either delivered or have heard about deliveries at Providence Holy Cross in Mission Hills or Northridge Hospital.  My doctor gave me the choice between the two hospitals and we've done tours of both, but as a first time parent, I'm not really sure what qualities to look for.  Anybody have experiences with these hospitals (especially for delivering their babies) within the last couple of years?

Thanks in advance for your input!
-Amanda

Re: Valley Hospital Comparison: Providence Holy Cross vs. Northridge Hospital

• Congrats on being a FTM!!  I had my first this October at Northridge.  My doctor is part of that medical group so I didn't really have an option, but my experience was positive.  

I had pre-registered so I literally walked in, handed them my papers and they set me up in a room within minutes.  The nurses were very attentive during and post delivery.  I really loved having a private room and keeping my baby with me at all times. (Like I said, I'm a FTM so I'm not sure if this is protocol now -- the last time I went to visit a new mom at a hospital, she had to share a room...)

Breastfeeding was definitely encouraged and everyone was willing to help.  I never thought I'd allow so many people to squeeze my boobs and watch me breastfeed, but it's what had to be done.

Overall, I was very pleased with Northridge.  Wishing you the best!
  • Hi, I delivered my son at Holy Cross in mission hills on June 25th 2013 - I had a wonderful experience. I agree emilysalley about the lactation consultants. It seems there is only one on call. But everything else was amazing. They made me feel very safe and comfortable during my 3 days stay (I had a c-section).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards