May 2013 Moms

Melissa&Doug

ALP514ALP514 member
edited November 2014 in May 2013 Moms
A friend of mine works for melissa and doug is leaving her job in a few weeks. She gets an insane discount and asked me if i wanted to put an order in while she is still there. The discount is too good to pass up. So I figured I could get some Christmas shopping out of the way. So far my cart is stacked with puzzles. I love their puzzles but they can get pricey so i figured that was a go to.

Does anyone have any Melissa & doug products that their LO's love and would recommend?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Melissa&Doug

• I actually just posted in the toy rec thread that DD loves one of their number peg puzzles. It's really helping to reinforce her remembrance of numbers.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The play food that you can cut. I also like the stacking ice cream and want the shopping cart.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have that puzzle in my cart @CNJ4EVA‌ :)

• We have the food, puzzles, and I think it's called band in a box?  It's got maracas, a tamorine, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Another play food you can cut fan. Also the instrument sound puzzle and the hide and seek puzzle that has doors to open with magnets (no idea it's official name).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @missk0411 I had my eye on their table and chairs as well. I just wasn't sure if they'd be too tall for her. They do look really nice though.

• Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    edited November 2014
    I have a bunch of puzzles, latch boards, geometric stacker, ice cream scoops, Sorting cube, pounding bench, wooden donuts, pound and roll tower, wooden train, and I bought the puppet theater, grocery store and wooden food, and giant plush giraffe for Xmas.

I'm a big fan of Melissa and Doug.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • missk0411 said:

Oooh, KidKraft stuff is nice, too....

I don't know if you have a BJs near you but I got a KidKraft table with 4 chairs, sling bookshelf and toy chest at the one here.

• Thank you ladies!

@blueyed228 I do have a BJs i have to go check it out. 

My Melissa and doug bill is ridiculous and only had to pay 48 bux! Thanks for all the recommendations! 

• @blueyed228 Did you receive the grocery store yet? I'm back and forth if I want to get it. I love it but im concerned about the height. Is it really tall, like do you think your little ones would be able to reach the counter? 

• ALP514 said:

@blueyed228 Did you receive the grocery store yet? I'm back and forth if I want to get it. I love it but im concerned about the height. Is it really tall, like do you think your little ones would be able to reach the counter? 

I got it but we didn't put it together yet. I don't think we will before Xmas. I'm assuming both the store and the puppet theater will be too tall for now but it was a good deal so I grabbed it. At least they can play in the shelves and I can do the puppets.

• ALP514 said:

@missk0411 I had my eye on their table and chairs as well. I just wasn't sure if they'd be too tall for her. They do look really nice though.

I've got the M&D table and chairs on my wish list - the Amazon reviews say that it works fine for younger toddlers 18 - 24 months. I'm assuming they're similar heights as the table and chairs at the Little Gym and while V and E need a little help getting on and off those, they're fine when they're sitting on them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I looked at the puppet theater and loved it so my parents bought it for DD for Xmas. Thanks for the recommendation!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @blueyed228 I realized that you probably didnt put it together yet because its a christmas present after I posted lol. Thanks for the recommendations though!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"