July 2015 Moms

UTI & progesterone supp

I have a history of miscarriage my first pregnancy ended before 6 weeks, second pregnancy I had Gestational Diabetes that developed into preeclampsia and was induced at 38 weeks. DS is now 15 months and I recently discovered I'm pregnant again! I haven't had a period since I quit BF DS at 10mth for wisdom teethe extraction and sure I have had miscarriage in between then and now. Went to ER at 5w2d with severe cramping for several hours, US & many other tests were done, US couldn't find heartbeat and hcg was 3203.6 at 5w4d hcg was 6111. I was told cramping was due to UTI and prescribed meds blood work at first baby appt came back that progesterone was 7.4 which he said is borderline low according to Dr at 5w4d. So now my question to you all is how many of yall had a UTI and takin progesterone supp and having a little spotting stay calm and positive? I am seriously worried and do not know what to expect and hope to not have a difficult pregnancy this time around since I am currently a student and had to quit school with DS and cannot afford to do so this time. I am in serious need of help and comfort right now cuz hubby just says everything will be alright and I know he's just trying to stay calm and helpful but that does nothing for my nerves and keep me from totally freaking out! I have US the 21 and I'm sure will have more blood work done.

Re: UTI & progesterone supp

• Lots of T&Ps coming your way!
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Spotting is very normal in early pregnancy. I know it must be super hard not to worry and it's a lot easier said than done. If it's just spotting and not full on bleeding I would say try not to worry. If you can't kick the worry put a call in to your Dr.'s office and ask them about it and share your concerns. Hope this helps. So sorry you're dealing with all of this!

Hailey Jo born 1/11/2011 after successful IUI

TTC #2 Since 06/2012
    Me: 28 - PCOS w/ IR
    DH: 29

Cycle #1 
    Clomid + Ovidrel + TI = BFP

BabyFruit Ticker
  • alexislucasalexislucas member
    edited November 2014
    I am on progesterone and had brown discharge/spotting. From everything I have reAd as long as it is not bright red/heavy along with major cramps. We are good! :) hope so, good luck to you!!
  • Ty ladies! I do feel a lot better! Have my next appt Friday and US so maybe I'll get to see my lil blip growing!!
  • When I went to the doctor to confirm my pregnancy, they ran the typical urine scans, and found out I had a bladder infection (no symptoms..) So now I'm on antibiotics for the next week.  No spotting and I wasn't told anything about my progesterone levels.  Have they given you anything for the UTI??
  • I didn't want to read and run.. I don't want to scare or worry you, but I would definitely recommend getting on progesterone supplements because 7.4 is really low, mines was 9.7 back in June and I miscarried in July :( I read that anything 20 or above is on the normal end.. I would look into it ASAP!! Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers!! <3
  • I had my first cycle of IVF and they started me on vaginal progesterone supplements after egg retrieval.  I had some spotting after I got my BFP but was told that this can be normal due to the progesterone. But as another user stated, it should never be heavy or dark red.  I also read that if you take the vaginal suppositories, sometimes they can cause irritation when placed to close to the cervix. 
  • I'm on Endometrin and last night had a little blood on my applicator. Totally freaked me out but I haven't had any sense and my test line keeps getting darker.

I'm thinking positive thoughts for you mama. :x
    Me 31 and DH 37
    Married January 2009
    Naturally conceived October 2010
    EDD 7/10/11
    PreEclampsia induction at 35 weeks
    Son, Indiana born 6/16/2011
    Started TTC #2 December 2011
    3 chemical pregnancies
    medicated cycle Oct 2014 BFN
    IUI November 2014 BFP on 9pdiui
    boy/girl TWINS!