High-Risk Pregnancy

Newbie Intro

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduct myself. I've stalked in the past but I wanted to get more active on this board :)

I have a rare genetic condition called Fabry disease. It is an x-linked chomosomal disorder that effects all major organs including brain, heart, and kidney involvement.

We have been TTGP for a little over a year and on September 25th we went for a pre-pregnancy high-risk consult. All my meds were reviewed and we were given the go ahead. Not sure if this is just what we needed to put out mind at ease but the first day of my last period was September 29th, so we got pregnant the next cycle!

I followed up with the doc who did the consult and he said I needed to stay in the high risk program, especially due to my heart and kidney issues (I already have a lot of protein in my urine). Before he will see me again I need to have a dating ultrasound done, which is scheduled for November 17th in week 7. My first visit will be between weeks 10 and 12. This is my first pregnancy and we are very excited, and also pretty nervous. I'm actually nervous to be excited, it all seems very surreal at the moment!

EDD is July 6th unless the US tells us otherwise. I'm hoping this pregnancy will be smooth and relativly uneventful :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"