Monday, Monday, Monday

How's it going ladies?

How was your weekend?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

Re: Monday, Monday, Monday

• Options
    My boobs hurt. I hate taking hormones. My follow-up appt was moved to Thursday, so I have a whole other week at home. I am bored, so I am going to pull out all my Christmas stuff. I kind of hate myself for that.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH has been doing laundry since I am not allowed to lift the damn basket and threw one of my dry clean only dresses in the wash. 
    How in the world do i dewrinkle it? Can I iron it with no steam or should I take it to the dry cleaners now?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    I signed up to do some charity gift exchange on Elfster - I got assigned a kid who's mother only has items for herself on the wishlist. I at least got the kids name and age, so now I will be guessing on gifts for a kid I know nothing about. I am frustrated by this whole thing and feel guilty since it is for charity.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    @Flamingemu‌ The gift exchange thing would annoy me too. I'd go with something generic like art supplies. Also, I'd try to steam it on the bathroom or take it to the cleaners.

I'm here and back at work. I have lots to do between home and work right now, so it's good to back in a routine.
  • Options
    That would totally piss me off about the gift exchange @flamingemu!  People like that drive me bonkers.

I LOL'ed at the into and response the other day.  It made me smile!

• Options
    We had a good weekend.  Friday night we had pizza and I was in bed by 9:30.  We went out to PF Changs for my MIL's birthday on Saturday night.  Yesterday went to Target (got a flat on the way there), met up with some friends for a bit and then went to my mom's for dinner. 

We don't have students today, so my day will be pretty boring.  We got our first snow of the season, but since I moved closer to work, I didn't have to deal with the hellish commute.  Yay!  I did however hang up on my husband already this morning, so there's that. 
  • Options
    That would totally piss me off about the gift exchange @flamingemu!  People like that drive me bonkers.

I LOL'ed at the into and response the other day.  It made me smile!
    I want to know how she even made it to this board? A month off and a few years off...

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options

Weekend was good. DS and I hug out in our PJ's all day yesterday. I got our basement tree up as most of you probably saw on IG and finished the livingroom upstairs too. We'll put that tree up this weekend.

The snow is just beginning to fly here. We're supposed to get 10-15". I'm not ready for this crap.

@flamingemu I'm a chair person for a children's non profit and each year we put on a Christmas party for the kids. We spend a ton of money on this and have Santa come with a bag of toys/goodies for each child. Every year we ask parents to provide some ideas for gifts the children will like and almost all of the parents never tell us. It's so sad. Most of the time this is the only christmas they get. Sadly the cycle just never ends.

• Options
    Also I was putting the monstrous amount of clean clothes away this weekend and noticed my gray pants I've been squeezing myself into this fall. They feel so much tighter than my blank pair. I check the size. Well duh, they are one size smaller than the black. I felt a millions times better about my butt almos busting them open. I'm not sure I should be happy that they were smaller than I thought or that my butt fits so much better in the bigger ones.

• Options
    I bought an Elf on the Shelf this weekend at Costco. L is generally really good, so I assume it won't change her behavior at all. I just thought it would be cute. I am either going to be totally annoying with it or will completely forget it after a couple days.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    I want a pair of Tieks. I wish I could try them on first. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    I really wanted to get the Jewish version of Mensch on a Bench for the holidays this year, but my fun hating DH said no.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
    BobKat22 said:
    That Christmas list for the mom would piss me off too. I really want to introduce Elf on a Shelf this year just because I want to do the fun things with it. My only hesitation is that it's all to promote good behavior right? Well, that sure as shit isn't going to happen so I'd almost rather not do it than do it, have her act like a heathen, and then still get her all things like I know we will.
    We're doing Elf on a Shelf this year, but in our own way. The elf will just be a fun thing to look for each morning - a little Christmas game of sorts. We're not going to tie in the good behavior factor.
    Yeah if I do it, I'll need to take this approach. I'm already annoying myself with the reminders and empty threats just thinking about doing it the right way.
    The threats can't be empty! You have to follow through. These little people already know how to exploit our empty threats. They are evil geniuses.
    Seriously, DH "counts" but never actually makes it to 3 and never follows through on anything.  Guess who gets better behavior?  The mommy who follows through on punishments and time outs.

• Options
    LL I am so sorry to hear about Reid!  I hope everything gets better and you are able to figure out what you can do!

• Options
    The problem with Elf on the Shelf is that once you do it you have to keep doing it.  I'm not that creative.  The first year was fun, and I don't even feel like doing it anymore.  Yes, I have a bazillion things pinned for it.  I'm not even sure Sean would leave him alone.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    I bought Elf on a Shelf the year DS was born, this will be the first time we do it because he wouldn't sit still for a story last year. I'll have to make sure that dang Elf is outta reach because there is no way he wouldn't touch.

imageimage 

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
    BobKat22 said:
    That Christmas list for the mom would piss me off too. I really want to introduce Elf on a Shelf this year just because I want to do the fun things with it. My only hesitation is that it's all to promote good behavior right? Well, that sure as shit isn't going to happen so I'd almost rather not do it than do it, have her act like a heathen, and then still get her all things like I know we will.
    We're doing Elf on a Shelf this year, but in our own way. The elf will just be a fun thing to look for each morning - a little Christmas game of sorts. We're not going to tie in the good behavior factor.
    Yeah if I do it, I'll need to take this approach. I'm already annoying myself with the reminders and empty threats just thinking about doing it the right way.
    The threats can't be empty! You have to follow through. These little people already know how to exploit our empty threats. They are evil geniuses.
    Seriously, DH "counts" but never actually makes it to 3 and never follows through on anything.  Guess who gets better behavior?  The mommy who follows through on punishments and time outs.
    Ha! Us to. DH says, 1,2,3, in a run on sentence. He doesn't give her instructions for each number, nor does he give her time to react. 

I actually have a really hard time with how he attempts to discipline, but we have had a conversation, I explained the benefits of her behavior toward my approach and he chooses to do it another way. I know that I have to take a step back and let him work through it, but it is so hard for my Type A personality to not have him do it my way. I just let him be good cop, I don't mind being the disciplinarian in the house. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options

LL- Sorry to hear about Reid.

We had a lazy weekend. Went to Target and grocery shopping. Wooo! Bring on the 12-16" of snow that we're predicted to get. LOVE MN :)

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    The problem with Elf on the Shelf is that once you do it you have to keep doing it.  I'm not that creative.  The first year was fun, and I don't even feel like doing it anymore.  Yes, I have a bazillion things pinned for it.  I'm not even sure Sean would leave him alone.
    If I did it, I don't feel the need to be creative about it. I would do it more like an Easter Egg hunt and not an elaborate scene to come across each morning.
    That's not a bad idea. Maybe Walter will come back out this year.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited November 2014
    BobKat22 said:
    DH really wants to get DD a powered vehicle from Santa. Her little quad is 6V. It is a little slow for her now, so he wants to get a 12V so she doesn't outgrow it. Does anyone have a 12V vehicle now? Is it too fast? Sidenote: here's our convo about the car. Me: No, we need to scale back this year, she doesn't need an expensive car DH: No. I'm living vicariously through my kids. I couldn't have this stuff when I was a kid. Me: Yeah, I always wanted a car too when I was a kid. DH: We didn't even have a real car! He is so that dad that is going to always remind his kids how poor he was growing up. It cracks me up! At least he has a sense of humor about it.
    We have two 12v and a 6v. Leo can drive all of them. The 12v monster truck is easy to drive, has doors, and is a two seater. The 12v four wheeler has a turbo boost and with a full battery is pretty fast. Leo doesn't hit the turbo button when he drives it. We got James the truck when he was two and the four wheeler when he was 3. I think that is a pretty good age to do those. Leo still drives his 6v around too, they all just hop around on everything really.
    But we are also looking at real dirt bikes for my almost 4 year old so maybe I am not the one to give advice, lol.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    I feel for all you peeps in MN with the snow.  I think some is coming down to us tomorrow.  I'm half "can't believe it" yet half "well, it is about mid November"

Pokedot you're my hero for putting up your tree!  I'd love to but DH is like "no way"

LL I hope little Reid is okay.

I'm hosting Thanksgiving for about 17 people and really need to start making some shopping lists and such.  Will probably tackle that when i don't feel like working, ha.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    We were going to order pizza last night and then our neighbor invited us over for dinner. That means I get a night off from cooking and order pizza tonight, right?
    Exactly!  A lady from church gave us a whole bunch of individual soups to help us while DH is down.  It was very nice.  Then the pastor's wife gave us a ton of brisket that was leftover from our small group last night.  It was very nice as well, but I seriously feel like a charity case.  :-S

• Options
    LL, sorry about Reid, but glad it's not the worst case scenario.

We went for flu shots today and it wasn't bad at all - DS1 didn't cry at all, and DS2 did cry for about 2 secs. Could have gone worse. Like the way I was fearing.
    Thanks for that, Daniel Tiger.

We finally get our new furnace installed this week. Meaning, we also have to empty the basement. I am not looking forward to that. At all.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BobKat22 said:
    The only 12V I can find with a price that doesn't make me cry has a fast and slow speed. Looks like that's the one we will get! Thanks!
    A two seater is really nice to have when you have two kids close in age. Just a thought. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    LL- glad it's not the worst case with R. Hope he is doing okay.

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
    7.99???? That's crazy!
    I know.  I thought for sure it was mismarked!  She sent me a pic of the pricetag and everything!  It's crazy!  The retail gods must know that I budgeted improperly on maternity leave and that I have no money. :-)

also, my HR department screwed up my check this week...I got my full salary.  I've only been making 1/2 my salary while out on leave.  I'm just going to ignore it until someone says something to me. I'm too swamped to worry about it right now.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    We do Angel Tree every year at Christmas. You pick a child who has a parent in prison. That parent gives you a gift they would like for their child (game, doll, learning stuff) and you purchase the gift on behalf of the parent. I really enjoy that. I've never delivered the gift . Our church does. I just feel like it would break my heart to see the kids. I think it's a good program if you want to do something. And it's always a gift for the child. It is a Christian organization.

I love this time of year. Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes are due this Sunday. My niece's will be with me this weekend and I think they will enjoy putting them together.

We also sponsored a little girl in Africa through compassion international. Got out first letter from her. So sweet! So excited for Grace to be able to communicate with her in the future.

LL, that picture of Reid with all the wires and such made me so sad. I'm sorry you guys are going through all this.

I am going through all of our girl clothes. Who knows if we will have a 3rd or if it will be a girl. I feel like it is a waste of space to keep it all. Plus I would likely buy some new stuff if we have another girl. It's turning out to be a huge job. I'd like to go through the sizes one more time and look at how many of each type I need in each size. A lot of it is sentimental and I'm having a hard time letting go.

I've donated 3 bags of my own clothes. I have no sweatshirts that will fit me this winter let alone a jacket. I'm going to need something. We are forcasted for another winter like last year.
  • Options
    ...  I am going through all of our girl clothes. Who knows if we will have a 3rd or if it will be a girl. I feel like it is a waste of space to keep it all. Plus I would likely buy some new stuff if we have another girl. It's turning out to be a huge job. I'd like to go through the sizes one more time and look at how many of each type I need in each size. A lot of it is sentimental and I'm having a hard time letting go. ...
    I need to do that.  Early on, I started saving everything, but I KNOW there is tons of stuff in those boxes that I probably don't want to see again, haha.  And it's horribly organized.  I need to weed through and reorganize by size/season.  Here's to winter projects...
  • Options
    @LoisLane --glad things aren't worst-case, but I'm sorry you're dealing with this.  Prayers for you guys.
  • Options
    Target's Black Friday ad was just released....  It's hard to believe that a flat screen TV is now $79.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"