One & Done: Only child

Fun city for weekend visit?

So I've decided to run my 10K with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in a long time.  We're going to pick a city and fly in for the weekend.  Any suggestions for a fun three-day-weekend city?  I was thinking Nashville, but am open to suggestion.  Somewhere not too hot/too cold in March-May where we can have a fun girls weekend.  Hey, my husband keeps telling me I should take a weekend away so I'm going to do it!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fun city for weekend visit?

• Dying of jealousy right now.

Well.  I love Vegas.  So that's always my first suggestion, but Nashville also sounds awesome.

Other suggestions would be San Diego, Austin or Providence (RI).

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• hiiiii @helenahhandbasket Good suggestions!  Maybe Austin!

To be fair, my husband's initial response was "Why can't she just fly here?" and then I had to remind him that he keeps telling me I should go away for a weekend.  But yes, if I can figure out a way to go I totally agree I'm lucky. :)

• Loading the player...
  • I would think Nashville would still be cold in March?

I would say Austin for sure - great weather and LOTS to do with friends.

University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Put Charleston SC on the list too.  Another great Southern city that would have good weather that time of year.
  • I also always pick Vegas first but New Orleans is also really fun, there's so many fun little things to explore and cool night tours to do.

• Austin for sure!!
    imageimageimage
  • Bay to Breakers is in San Francisco in May! Not really a marathon but really fun, and can be challenging if you actually intend to finish (hills! such steep hills!).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"