Natural Birth

HB- rental tub vs. jacuzzi tub

I had my first daughter at home in 2012.  We are planning another HB with this babe in April 2015.  With my daughter we rented a birthing tub from my midwife, which I loved. Since my daughter's birth we've moved and now have a fairly large 2 person jacuzzi tub in our master bath.  I'm debating on renting the tub again or just using our jacuzzi tub. Down side of our personal tub- the walls are not as high as the birthing tub and they are much harder.  Up side- it saves us $250 bucks. The money really isn't an issue, but obviously saving it is better than spending it.  Thoughts on which would be more comfortable, or do you think they'd be the same? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HB- rental tub vs. jacuzzi tub

• I'm debating this exact question too.
    We have a great corner soaker tub, but I'm not sure if it would be better to rent/buy a pool instead.
    I'm thinking pros of the tub are saving $$, and not having extra hassel of inflating & running a hose. But, cons are that it wouldn't be as deep, our bathroom is tiny and wouldn't leave much room to maneuver around, and since it's our only bathroom, if my MWs and others need to pee, I have to keep getting out.
    So I'm leaning toward buying a birth pool, but I hate to spend the $$ if I don't have to.

I'll be interested to hear what others have to say...
  • @danisgossipgirl

What fishy pool do you use? I know of other mamas that used one, too. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Loading the player...
  • My home visit is at 36 weeks. I cannot remember how far in advance I need to reserve the tub with my midwife. I'll discuss it with her next visit. I would say our jacuzzi is just as easy to get in and out of as the rental tube. It's a corner soaker and our bathroom is pretty good sized so my midwife, the assistant, H and I can all fit without an issue. There are other bathrooms in our house so that's a non-issue for us too. I guess it will just come down to how I'm feeling as things get closer. I'll also touch base with my midwife to see her suggestions. Thanks for the input ladies.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"