September 2012 Moms

Christmas: Play Kitchen

I know a lot of you already have play kitchens for your little ones so can you recommend yours.  There are so many choices!!  We are planning to get Grant one for Christmas, which seems be the right choice since he recently discovered the target toy catalog and picked out one and now runs around the house with the catalog open to it.  I suppose he will be quite happy when he asks Santa for one and find its under the tree :)
my read shelf:
Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!

Re: Christmas: Play Kitchen

• We have this one. Both my kids love it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have the Kidcraft one too - in pink. I hate the pink, but i loved the deal. I bought mine from a yardsale over the summer for $50. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the kidkraft in expresso, it was the tallest kid kitchen I could find. It looks brand new after almost a year of heavy daily play. I would not hesitate to buy it again!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have an L shaped Kidkraft one. It was on sale last November at TRU for $100. Keep your eyes peeled for a sale!

• melody921 said:
    We have this one. Both my kids love it.
    We have this one too. Super cute. But we bought it for a 12 month old. If I was buying for a 2+, I would go with a bigger one.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    melody921 said:
    We have this one too. Super cute. But we bought it for a 12 month old. If I was buying for a 2+, I would go with a bigger one.
    DS still plays with ours. Half the time, he's kneeling anyway, so it works.

• melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:
    melody921 said:
    DS still plays with ours. Half the time, he's kneeling anyway, so it works.
    Oh, I know it works. James still plays with it too. But if I was one and done, I would be buying a bigger one at this point.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• We have this one, and it gets played with daily. I wanted a Kid Kraft one, though, but I found this one on Craigslist right before Christmas last year for an absolute STEAL, so I couldn't turn it down. While the Kid Kraft ones are zoo much cuter, Jasper really likes this one and I have no complaints. 
  • I can't find our exact one but it's Step2 and DD loves it! My ILs got it at Sam's club last Christmas for around $100. It makes noises and came with a little puppy area that DD likes to give the little dog bones to our actual dog, who has no interest in them.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • We have a lime green "L" shaped Kid Kraft one. I got it off of Amazon. The kid loves it and plays with it almost every day!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • AlinnJoAlinnJo member
    edited November 2014
    image Sorry if it's huge. I'm on mobile and I don't know how to fix it!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We also have the Kidkraft corner kitchen.  We actually got it for free from a friend of a friend which is awesome, because they can run up to $200 or more..kids love it and both play with it daily.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thanks for all the help ladies, i think i am going to need to start looking at some.  the kids Kraft one is the one he plays with the most at the children's museum we frequent and at his school but i am wondering if its a bit small as his three feet tall now...
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Some of the kidkraft styles are taller than others, The uptown style measures 41 inches tall where as the retro style is only 35 inches tall.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"