December 2014 Moms
Options

Safe back stretches?

Does anyone have any solutions for a perpetually sore lower back?  I am also seeing a chiropractor who deals with pregnant people all the time, but once I get the issue (somewhat) corrected, my back is sore again in no time.  Before I started getting big, I used to do the stretch of lying down on the floor on my back and pulling my knees into my stomach, but that isn't really possible now.  I just haven't found a good position for relieving my lower back at all.  Mind you, I expected my back to hurt at this point, but I was just wondering if there is anyone who is well-versed in this area who has found any relief.  Thanks!
Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

Re: Safe back stretches?

• Options
    The cat cow pose/stretch helps me. Also in prenatal yoga we do a stretch where you start on hands and knees, rotate your shoulder down towards the opposite knee and "scoop" your hand towards that opposite hip. I hope that makes sense...as I type this it sounds confusing and insane. Sorry. I hope it's mildly informative.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Options
    The one that makes my back feel good is where I put my outstretched arms on the back of the couch or counter top and bend over (so you are like a sideways L) and then pick one heel up at a time. It stretches those muscles and feels amazing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like cat/cow, and also child's pose but I put my arms on an exercise ball and roll it back and forth/side to side to stretch out different areas of my back.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Do ur favorite stretch but on the bed. As long as it doesn't hurt u can be on ur back. I find I can stretch a lot more in my bed than on the floor.
    EDD 12/3/14 First time Mom!

D14 Free for All

These two are just so funny...

Also, due date has come, gone and I am just so anxious to meet baby!  Please be healthy and strong baby, mama can't wait to meet you :)
  • Options
    In the birthing class they tough us one where you sit in a chair and your DH pushes your knees in. He pushes right under your knee caps. Then there is the one where you are on your hands and knees on the floor and he squeezes your hips. I am not very good at explaining but I bet you could google how to get rid of labor pain and some website will have pictures. I figure if it is suppose to help during labor they can help pre labor too.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Stretching in bed right now @ ColoradoBoat! Great idea!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    Try a heating pad too
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Options
    I find that sitting on the floor, stretching out one leg with the other tucked in, and leaning down over that leg helps relieve a little bit of pain. Also child's pose feels nice too. If you're limber enough, you can try pigeon pose. These are hip stretches, but I find that everything down there on my low back is relieved if I can stretch out my hips a little. I'm no expert, that's just what I've found helps me! Hope you feel better.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"