One & Done: Only child

Runners?

Any OAD runner moms out there?  Someone who wants to convince me I can work from a 5K to a 10K over the winter on a treadmill?  Very inspired by the NY Marathon yesterday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Runners?

• I like to run! I just did the SF Nike half marathon a few weeks ago:)

you can totally go from a 5k to a 10k on a treadmill! let me know if you have any specific questions!
    imageimageimage
  • Yes! @gwendarling So good to hear.  I have a 4miler in a few weeks and want to see how that goes.  I've run my first few 5Ks in (slightly) under 30 mins so my 10K goal would be one hour.  I also enjoy other fitness though so not sure if I need to be running a certain number of days a week -- should I cut some other stuff out and try and run four times a week?  I usually exercise 3-5 times a week.

And thanks to everyone else for their good thoughts!  Anyone else have a crazy/dream goal that they are working towards and want to share?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • it sounds like you're a 10 min/mile which is great, just do maybe 3 runs a week, one speed, one strength, and one normal pace one. for the speed, do intervals of fast and slow. for strength, maybe do hill training. for normal, just go at your easy pace.

add a mile every week or two on your normal runs till you get to six or seven miles.

it's ideal to incorporate strength training too even though I'm too lazy to.
    imageimageimage
  • You definitely can do it!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"