September 2012 Moms
Options

Love Dare, anyone?

2»

Re: Love Dare, anyone?

• Options

Also, WTF would I buy DH?  I can't really even do socks or underwear because I always buy the wrong thing haha.  He doesn't need sweets or razor blades either.  Maybe the fact that I can't think of anything is the saddest thing of all!

Lap dance. No one ever takes this advice seriously. Do it. Slave for You is a really good strip tease/lap dance song. I'm guessing...

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    What did y'all get DH last night? I stopped at the store and got him zebra cakes and a coke... but I ended up giving him a throat punch instead.  :D

Today’s Dare, Day 4

Contact your spouse sometime during 
    the business of the day. Have no agenda 
    other than asking how he or she 
    is doing and if there is anything 
    you could do for them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We went to dinner and I paid the tab.  Not like it matters since our account is joint.

Today's dare I do most every day anyways.

imageimage 

• Options
    I did not give him a lap dance, that's for sure!  I am so lame but I'm starting this challenge over on Monday.  I feel like I need a fresh start and I can steal all of your ideas in advance.  :p

Beer would have been a good choice but we have a fridge FULL of beer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I just bought DH four boxes of Christmas Tree Cakes the other day, so I called it good. :)>-
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    I made homemade croutons and went to the post office for him.  Buying something wasn't going to happen, but the homemade croutons were a win.
  • Options
    What's today's? <--Waaay too excited about this.
  • Options
     H has the day off today, go figure. Instead, I will act interested when he talks about something I do not find interesting at all. Sounds like today it's going to be fridge specifications, since ours is a gigantic piece of shit and we need a new one. That sucks ass because ours is only 3.5 years old. @willy_gert, DON'T get a Samsung fridge when you're ready to buy.
  • Options
    Hyaline said:
    What's today's? <--Waaay too excited about this.
    It's above - easy one today...

Today’s Dare, Day 4

Contact your spouse sometime during 
    the business of the day. Have no agenda 
    other than asking how he or she 
    is doing and if there is anything 
    you could do for them.

• Options
    Thanks for the advice @jessk86!  Fridges are freaking expensive!  Good luck with yours!  I am entertaining all of DH's thoughts today, Do we have to keep not being negative?  That ish is hard when he is being an asshole to our daughter!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options

Today’s Dare 

Ask your spouse to tell you three 
    things that cause him or her to be 
    uncomfortable or irritated with you.
    You must do so without attacking them
    or justifying your behavior. This is 
    from their perspective only.

• Options
    Last time we did this I asked DH.  He wouldn't answer me.  He was afraid I would get mad :))
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    @tinyhumantoe‌ just pick up here! No need to start over. For the record, DH is man sick and I really don't feel like being nice to the whiny man who will ultimately ruin the weekend. I straight out told him about the challenge. Let's see if he notices the question I am about to ask...

• Options
    Last time we did this I asked DH.  He wouldn't answer me.  He was afraid I would get mad :))
    I am almost scared to ask DH... lol.

• Options
    I could totally answer that for him and be spot on. We definitely have our sticky little issues and I already know what I'm guilty of...but, dang, it's hard to change!

Anniversary

• Options
    Yesterday, total fail--texted him to say hi, how was he doing...well, he wasn't feeling well and asked me to call the dr for him.  That wasn't going to work so well as I didn't know his schedule and it's a complicated one this week.  So...I ended up asking him if there was anything I could do and then having to say "Yeah, that won't work so well..."

I think I was still loving and supportive, though...
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:

Today’s Dare 

How the heck do you do this without letting on that something is up, lol?  DH is going to figure this one out, haha.

I did have mom's group at church last night...maybe I'll claim this was an exercise from our current study.
  • Options
    We have done an exercise like this recently so I am just going to ask if things seem better. Close enough.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    He's doesn't like that I eat more than him and my food is always perfect and his is not. I guess he doesn't realize that it's perfect because I never get to have it hot. Men!

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:

Today’s Dare 

I'm gonna go ahead and take a pass on this one...that's allowed, right? 

• Options
    I guess we took the weekend off. Sorry ladies. Here is today's dare:

TODAY'S DARE

Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

Things to ponder:

Where do you need to add margin to your life? When have you recently overreacted? What was your real motivation behind it?

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    I guess we took the weekend off. Sorry ladies. Here is today's dare: TODAY'S DARE Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life. Things to ponder: Where do you need to add margin to your life? When have you recently overreacted? What was your real motivation behind it?
    I think taking weekends off is a good idea :)  

This is totally something I do anyway--the list-making, schedule adapting stuff.

It drives DH crazy.  Maybe this is a bad idea for today, haha.  But talking about over-reaction and admitting it--yeah, definitely valid over here.
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    I guess we took the weekend off. Sorry ladies. Here is today's dare: TODAY'S DARE Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life. Things to ponder: Where do you need to add margin to your life? When have you recently overreacted? What was your real motivation behind it?
    This is a good one for me to think about today. I have really over reacted to DH getting the kids all worked up right before bed time. He doesn't get as much time with them as I do. I need to let him play without freaking out that it is bed time.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

Today’s Dare

For today’s dare, get two sheets of paper.  On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse.  Then do the same with negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day.  There is a different purpose and plan for each.  At some point during the remainder of the day, pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"