February 2015 Moms

Is there anyone who got skinnier after their pregnancy??

I'm just curious as to who got their dream bods after their pregnancy. It's more of a motivator to help me get in shape after the little one arrives! And considering this is my first pregnancy I'm not sure what to expect to happen afterwards

Re: Is there anyone who got skinnier after their pregnancy??

• Loading the player...
  • My goal is to get back to the same fitness I was before I met my DH 5 years ago! But lets face it I have to be logical! I may never get there but I know what it takes to get my body back I just have to be determined enough to do. I'm having a baby for Christ sake my body will never be the same.
  • I ended up about 5 pounds less than my pre pregnancy weight. Things do have a tendency to shift around and whatnot, so it never goes back to the same.....
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• It wasn't the same, especially my boobs! But it was better, diet end exercise are crucial. I did a figure competition after my first 3 kids and won 3rd place so it can be done! I also help women all the time get their bodies back or better than ever after birth. There are things that don't change without surgery like breasts, stretch marks etx but our bodies are amazing and you can get a hot mama body after kids!
  • My body went back to better than before pregnancy after #2.  But the funny part?  My measurements were smaller, my size went down to an 8, but I weighed 20 lbs more than when I got married.  I guess my point is, the scale is NOT your friend.  For me, the key was my nutrition.  Clean eating, quality nutritional supplements, and exercise 3-5 times a week transformed my body.  If I was wanting to get back to pre-pregnancy weight, that never happened, but I looked good, felt good, and had tons of energy.  For me, that was good enough.  Just my two cents :)  

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• I think it depends on the person, the body type pre-pregnancy, ect. I'm hoping to lose weight after this pregnancy (my 2nd) but I am overweight to begin with so I think it's do-able.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• @crabigator‌ perfect gif. Love it!
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• I went back and looked good a year afterwards. I never made it back to a size 3 though or had a perfectly flat tummy but I was healthy and looked good so that's my goal again. Be healthy while looking good.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My boobs were so much sadder. BUT I got healthier after having my first baby and I went into this pregnancy about 25 lbs lighter than my first. I started running about 6 months after giving birth.

It was more of a lifestyle change than anything to do with baby, though. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mine went back to before, except the sad boobs. However having 2 two years apart will probably have more of an effect I'm thinking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I weighed 135 when I got pregnant with my first child. I was back to the same weight within 3 months of delivery. Weighed the same with 2nd pregnancy but after delivery it seemed to fall off faster. I ended up 25 lbs less than pre pregnancy weight and maintained that weight until becoming pregnant this time. 1st child was a boy, second was a girl. I gained 30 lbs with each pregnancy. The weight can come off but it does require work. :-)
  • Nursing will affect how fast the weight comes off too...
  • Nursing depleted me, and I didn't notice until I looked sickly. The nutrition is key! I lost too much weight and it wasn't a good thing for either baby or myself. Take care of yourself, too, and you will have the mom body you are supposed to have. The key is to be healthy.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • How your body reacts post-pregnancy will be completely unique to you and there are a ton of factors that affect you.  As many have said, it's very rare that your body will be the same that is was pre-pregnancy.  Focus on good nutrition and getting the exercise you need to keep your energy up and your body feeling good.
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • It took me a year to get back down to my pre pregnancy weight last time. But my body will never be the same as pre Nate. My hips were wider, my tush a little bigger (DH likes that) but I had a c-section and well my tummy will never look great again unless I have surgery. But frankly I'm ok with it. DH still thinks I'm sexy and really his and mine are the only opinions that matter.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • Nope! But mine is squishier now and who wants to love up to skin and bones? My opinion is that mamas are supposed to be squishy, that means more comfortable to snuggle with!!
  • I should have steered clear of this discussion. Now I feel a bit depressed. On some level, I already knew I wouldn't be going back to my 100lbs flat tummy look. Oh well, off I go to grow my baby even bigger. Pregnancy isn't really a good time for me to think about weight loss.

BabyFruit Ticker

• This is definitely not on my radar right now. My immediate focus following the pregnancy: noming on some baby fingers and toes.

Yes! I'm all about those baby fingers and toes!! They are so precious!! Can't wait!
  • I am planning on eating same (maybe a little less but I try and eat healthy 90% of the time) and working out the same after baby is born (just up the intensity) im more concerned about being healthy than thin. Plus it's hella cold up here.. Gotta have a little cushion to keep my hubs warm. If this makes me took good than great! I know the worst change is going be my boobs but I might get the done a few years after. Even after my miscarraige they looked deflated a bit so I'm not super hopeful.
  • My body after my second wasn't my "dream body" but I was skinnier.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers

DS-1/27/04 DS-11/5/12 MC-5/7/14 BFP: 5/27/14 

imageimageimage

• It helps to have a goal 6-12 months out....I didnt worry about it and enjoyed my baby for a few months and then I signed up for a triathlon (8 months later) so I had something to focus on.  I got back to my preppreg weight within a year.  

Breastfeeding does help some women but not all.  Bodies def change post pregnancy and its all part of the journey.  

I was determined to not "let myself go" so it just depends on your situation and what ur goals are.

• sondraagrusasondraagrusa member
    edited November 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"