Trying to Get Pregnant

Hello Ladies :)

Hi everyone, I've been lurking since August and figure it's time to properly introduce myself so I can start participating.  I have learned so much from all of you, so first and foremost, thank you!!!  Also, you guys are freaking hilarious so thanks for the laughs.

We started TTC#1 in June this year after we got married.  Man, I had NO CLUE!!!  Growing up, I was given the impression that you can get pregnant any day of the month.  Even after telling not one, but two different OBs this past spring and summer that we were going to start trying, neither of them gave me any helpful advice - just have sex and come see me if nothing happens after 6 months.  No mention of temping, Fertility Friend, TCOYF... nothing. 

Since I'm 39, I jumped the gun a little bit and went to see an RE in October.  I am admittedly very impatient, and I wanted to make sure that we were not spinning our wheels.  DH is in fantastic shape, the RE practically gave him an A++ in red marker for our fridge.  I have a good ute, clear tubes, regular periods, no sign of cysts or fibroids, but the RE described my high FSH an low AMH numbers as "significant."  So, DOR.  That was some tough news to take in, but we remain very hopeful.  We've talked about it a lot, and have decided to compromise with each other and try a couple more months of TI, and then move on to IUI, probably in December or January.

Thanks to you guys, I've read TCOYF, I am temping, and I'm an avid user of FF.  I have also read the newbie blog a couple times, and refer back to it now and then as it's hard to remember everything :)  So, to sum it all up:  Hello, and thank you, thank you, thank you.  Oh, and happy Halloween!!! 

TTGP November Siggy Challenge - Animals Being Jerks

Me:  39.  DH:  39.  Married 6/14/14.  TTC#1 since June 2014.

DX Oct. 2014:  FSH of 16.9, AMH of 0.295.  Everything else looks great.  IUI #1 planned for December.

Re: Hello Ladies :)

• Welcome! This is a great board. There is also TTC (trouble trying to conceive) and IF (infertility). I'm not trying to pinpoint you into those, but they have many women with similar diagnoses as well as women undergoing IUI.

Welcome! Glad you are doing all the right things!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie:
    ~Santa Claus is Coming to Town~

TTC #1: July 2014
    Me: 31  DH: 29
    DX (me): Inborn error of metabolism - protein restriction, metabolic formula & weekly blood tests
    DNA Results (7/1): DH is NOT a carrier for my genetic disorder! 
    7/3: Metabolic clinic gave the green light to TTC - holy crap!
  • hi.  yay for wine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! Good luck to you!
  • Thank you all.  Yes I'll probably intro at TTC After 35 and TTTC as well.  Had to start here due to all of the kitty GIFs, discussions of wine, and now the awesome siggy challenge... I am a sucker for silly animal videos/gifs/pics.  I am off to contribute to the the animals in costume thread, LOVE.

Me:  39.  DH:  38.  Married 6/14/14.  TTC#1 since June 2014.

RE DX Oct. 2014:  High FSH of 16.9, Low AMH of 0.295.  Everything else looks great. TI for now, possible IUI in our future.

• Welcome.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • emilie818 said:
    Welcome! For the record I think it's complete BS that 2 Buck Chuck now costs $2.50.
    Agreed.  Hopefully the popular nickname means they'll work extra hard to never raise it above $3. 

DX Oct. 2014:  FSH of 16.9, AMH of 0.295.  Everything else looks great.  IUI #1 planned for December.

• Hi! Good luck. Now I want some 2 buck chuck and it's 100 miles to the nearest store...

The little guys, Shadow and Bobby (aka Shabby)

Married: 4/14/2012
    TTC #1 since 9/14   BFP! 11/22/14  M/C 1/1/15
    Me: 31 DH: 41
    Dx: Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - 2000, Lichen Sclerosus - 2013

"I'm a lady with the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor."

• Thanks @Squirrel2012‌! Sorry TJ's is so far away from you. Here's some wine for you:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"