Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Yet another newie intro (I wrote a short novel...)

Hello Ladies!

I have been lurking this page for a few months now and have decided its time to sign up. I have been researching things like crazy but a lot of the time I find I am just not getting answers to my (what seems like) a million questions. So hopefully joining, and being able to participate in the forums I can get answers while also joining a support group of women.

A little about myself, well... A lot actually. Just so everyone knows "my deal" so to speak. I have had problems with Ovarian Cysts since I was 14, at the age of 16 I was put on the Depo Shot and thought, WOW this is amazing no AF ever!!! Well, at the age of 24 (this was in 2006) (still on the depo) I was told this could and probably has effected me in many ways, up to perhaps never having a normal cycle ever again. Shocked, I got off BC and was told to stay of BC until I started having normal cycles. I never had normal cycles till 2008. At this time I went and decided I wanted to go on BC but definitely not Depo. I was then put on the nuva ring (horrible) and was taken off of it in a year because I was experiencing horrible cramping before my AF. Then put on BC pills, then taken off them in 2010 because I was having even worse cramping and pain before AF. In 2011 after suffering for over a year and no one could figure out what was wrong with me I was sent to have a LAP, they found and removed Endometriosis as well as 5 cysts. After the surgery I was told that getting a Mirana was the best decision to help me not ovulate for awhile so that my body could "heal" itself. Although I was relieved that they finally figured out what was wrong with me and got it taken care of, I was a little worried about the Mirana. I had done some research and found some pretty disturbing things about it. However, knowing I did not want to ever have to go through the pain I had gone through the last year, I agreed to have the Mirana. This brings me to May of this year (I had the Mirana removed), I am not happily married and we want to begin to add to our family (we currently have a Cat my husband named Mustache...Don't ask... Don't know... She's a girl.... And a Dog named Olie). I went and got the Mirana removed and was told I should wait to TTC for 2 months, so we did. Right away I have AF's, been keeping track and I'm luckily a 28 day girl. in July I started using OPK's and temping (but I am guilty of totally forgetting on some days which basically makes it not very useful). I have never gotten a positive OPK. But I was told this could take up to one year for my body to get back to normal so I have been patiently waiting. However, in early September the craziest thing happened, I missed my AF, was 3 days late so I took a HPT... To my utter amazement I got a BFP!! I was elated, my DH was elated. This was on a Thursday, I had a faint second line, but a line is a line. I told my DH I wanted to buy a digital and take it Saturday Morning just to let the HCG levels rise a bit, we bought one and took it on Saturday morning to find a BFN... Heart broken I couldn't understand what happened.. I took another on Sunday BFN again. Went to see my Dr and was told that I probably had a chemical pregnancy. To say I was crushed is an understatement. The Dr told me wait a month and start trying again. This is the month we are to try again and I have to say, I am scared to death. I am so stressed out and I know that's not good. My DH (bless his heart) has been so supportive through all of my crying and moping around the last month. And hes super excited to start again this month, but I can't get my loss off my brain and fear of it happening again.

What has worked for any of you ladies to help calm yourself down??? Besides downing a bottle of my favorite type of wine... Tried that I ended up crying with horrible hiccups for hours

thanks so much for reading this!!!

Re: Yet another newie intro (I wrote a short novel...)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome, good luck, and I am glad you ARE happily married.
    Married: 08/04/2012
    TTC #1: 07/2014
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss :( Welcome!
    Married to LOML: 8/14/12

TTC #1: Oct. 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Welcome!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options

bibliothecary            Oh my gosh I know right!!!! It scares me to even think what type of reaction I would have gotten ....... :D

HippoTooth            Thank you!

TRP85  Thank you!!! And, me too!

Wow, way to start off my first post.. I'm still uncomfortably laughing at myself

L-)
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck.

The little guys, Shadow and Bobby (aka Shabby)

Married: 4/14/2012
    TTC #1 since 9/14   BFP! 11/22/14  M/C 1/1/15
    Me: 31 DH: 41
    Dx: Hashimoto's Thyroiditis - 2000, Lichen Sclerosus - 2013

"I'm a lady with the vocabulary of a well-educated sailor."

• Options

miaawallace            You are so right, I really have been... And thank you

jefa621 I have a sign too!!! It was my inspiration for my un!!! And my dog is/was the same way, we would open a beer and he'd sit!!! Had to break him of that.... No more beer for him

• Options
    @indogbeersiveonlyhadone‌ Haha, it took me reading it a couple of times, but I eventually figured out you meant to type "now", not "not".  If you weren't happily married and were trying for a kid anyway, you would have gotten some serious side-eye. ;)

Sorry to hear about your loss, your nervousness is well understood.  Welcome to TTGP!
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

#iStandWithTheMods #Solidarity
    TTGP Acronyms/Newbie Blog
    “I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson
  • Options
    @ramaholic‌ haha yea... What a typo huh??? Yikes!! And thank you. We shall see what happens.

@lovegrilledcheese‌ thank you
  • Options

Oh my goodness!!!!! Thank you so much for pointing that out!!! Yes!!! I meant I am happily married!!!!! (insert heart attack), I'm sure I meant to type now.. Whoopsies.. thank you for catching that.

Also, I read the newbie blog, even wrote down some of the acronyms so I can have proper forum etiquette.. Hopefully I don't sound too horrible.  

#:-S

Haha!  We've all made mistakes at some point.  I did initially side-eye, that's why I asked.  I'm glad you are happily married.
    Me:  31  DH:  35
    Married:  7/3/2006
    DS:  3/3/2007  (emergency c-section) 
    MMC:  10/5/2010  D&C:  10/8/2010
    DD:  9/22/2011  (scheduled c-section)
  • Options
    1. So sorry for your loss.
    2. I love your sn. +2 points for you.
    3. I'm with everyone else on the not/now typo. First thought "girl get your flame suit on".

Welcome, dogbeers!
    Princess- 5yo  

MC- 13w 12/14/10

Dare Devil- 3yo 

MC- 8w 01/18/12 

Wheezy and sneezy- 1yo

MC- 7w 11/29/13

TTC #5 since 7/14

CP- 12/27/14 confirmed 12/29/14
    Benched until further notice

• Options
    @heartbot‌ thank you so much. I will definitely look into that forum. I look forward to getting to know everyone too!!
    @nandaboob06‌ oh my gosh I had the hugest gulp when that was caught like oh wow I'm going to get blasted!!! Thank goodness it was caught and I was able to fix that!!! PHEW!!! And thank you!
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss and shit storm of emotions. Wine does help... marginally. Welcome and good luck with the next phase!

DH 28, Me 28
    TTC September 2014
    Moderate-Severe Endo
    Hypothyroidism
    Surgery 2/10- successful

• Options
    Welcome to you.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    welcome
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies!!!
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck! I am very sorry for your loss!
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    Hi and welcome !!
  • Options
    Welcome! I'm new to this board too.

Sorry for your loss and all you've been through.
  • Options
    Welcome Hun

Me 31, DH 29, DD 5
    TTC #2 since August 2014

• Options
    Welcome! I had quite a birth control issue as well before I had my son. Since having him I've been on being different BC's and having very irregular periods and an endo scare. We had a BFP last week but it ended the same way as yours. We are bummed but trying to get back into the swing of things. If you need anyone to talk to, we're all here! I found the bump to be extremely helpful when getting KU the first time.

P.S. I am glad you are happily married.
  • Options
    heysupnatalie I am so sorry for your loss.. How are you dealing with it? I had a super hard time and I'm still having a hard time. We are going to try again this month, I'm excited and scared to death at the same time.. I do not know what I will do if this happens again. The ladies here are super nice and supportive and full of great information. And yes, I am happy I'm happily married too, what a horrible typo!!! hahahaha :))
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. You will find great support here. Welcome!
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• Options
    welcome and GL! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTGP December siggy challenge
    workout fail

Married 5/22/10, DD born 8/24/11, ttc #2 sept '14
     5wks

• Options
    So very sorry for your loss. welcome!
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss. Welcome! Along with everyone else, I'm very glad you are happily married ;)
    ~Married 12.09.12~
    ~NTNP #1 since 11.14 - Current Cycle: 2~
    imageimage

• Options
    Welcome, I am sorry for your loss. Your SN is awesome.
    Me: 29 DH: 34 Married 9/8/12 Started TTC 10/01/12
    Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea by RE in 2/2013
          Provera + Ovidrel trigger = BFP #1 3/24/13
    DD born 11/12/13
    TTC #2 since 9/01/14
    Tamoxifen + Ovidrel trigger = CP (cycle 3)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

• Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss and for your difficult journey with the BC. Goodluck! Also, I really like you're SN!
  • Options
    Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story, and I'm sorry for your loss! At least it sounds like your cycle is on track and you are OV-ing! I've been on BC for 8ish years and I am worried I am not OV-ing. I just started charting this month, so we'll see how it goes. As for the stress, keep calm and enjoy the sex. That's all I have for advice! Lol
    August '15 BMB  December Siggy: Christmas Fails
    BabyFruit Ticker
    ME: 30, DH: 30
    Love: 2/11/04  Marriage: 5/29/11

2 Cat Furbabies: Chloe and Zoey (2007)
    TTC #1: 6/1/14
    BFP: 11/25/14  EDD: 8/5/15

• Options
    Thank you all so much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards