February 2015 Moms
Options

Diabetic pregnancy

yesterday I went for my follow up and doc measured my belly for the first time and I measured 28wks but I am 26wks... She got me scared thinking the baby is big today I see my diabetes educator and I will talk to them about doing a growth scan ... Did anyone went thru this and everything was normal at the end?

Re: Diabetic pregnancy

• Options
    I'm not diabetic, but measured 26wks at 24wks.

It could have been how the baby was positioned or you could have a big baby. As long as your OB and crew have a handle on the diabetes, I wouldn't be concerned.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am a type 1 diabetic, I've been consistently measuring ahead for a while now. About 1 to 2 weeks. I get monthly growth checks on baby to keep up with his size, he is also measuring ahead but doctors don't seem to be to concerned yet. They did tell me they want to deliver him at 37 weeks to avoid any complications. Most likely via c section. My best advice is to just keep in good contact with your medical team. I have an endo, a MFM & regular OB. I see at least one of them weekly or bi weekly at the most. Diabetes is very scary, especially with a baby on the way. Just try not to stress, just take care of yourself. It'll all be ok :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi lelly0086
    Thank you for telling me your story.. This is my first so I am little scared. I have a feeling I will probably get a section and ob said that she won't make me pass feb 5 ... I was going to the ob and Diab doc everything other week and then this month it stopped. So I will talk to them today... Also my sugar levels been going up and I am taking insulin so I know that might make me take it before lunch now... I have done one growth test an echo test and full anatomy test... So I will ask them to do another one and ask more questions ... I just don't want anything bad to happen to my baby boy.... Thanks again for giving me your view
  • Options
    Michelle142

Thanks I try to tell them as much as possible and I write it down but when u in the office it is a different story
  • Options
    My midwife reminds me every time I am measured that it's perfectly normal to measure up to 2 weeks ahead or behind. I understand your concern, but 2 weeks isn't that much of a difference. I am prediabetic and had GD with my son and this time as well. I measured large with DS my entire pregnancy. He was born 2 weeks early and weighed 8 pounds. No complications besides him having slightly low blood sugar when he was born. Stick to your diet and exercise as much as you can. Everything should be fine. If you have concerns always ask your doctor.

photo tumblr_mvhtjpmhbh1sg96flo1_r2_500_zpsed277910.gif

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   

• Options
    @starally‌ what type of diabetes do you have? They are all managed differently, my doctors did say that closer to the third trimester your insulin needs go up & continue to go up until you deliver, due to resistance caused from the placenta.
  • Options
    I am also a first time mom
  • Options

The measurement of the uterine fundus using a measuring tape can vary 1-3 cm based on who is doing the measurement and should not be cause for freakouts.

If you are having serial growth ultrasounds they will chart your baby's growth and help you. If they are serious about monitoring you they will have you do multiple fingersticks a day, chart that, do BPP's and u/s on regular basis, etc.

Starting with diet and exercise is no big deal. Good luck.

BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • Options
    I'm a Type 1 Diabetic as well and this is my 3rd baby. I have measured ahead every time. The growth ultrasounds give a much better picture of baby's size vs a fundal height. I have them done every 2-4 weeks. Typically insulin needs will triple by the end of a pregnancy due to growing resistance. I had A1c's in the 5's my whole last pregnancy and still gave birth to a 9 lb baby at 38 1/2 weeks. My other daughter was over 8 lbs at 37 1/2 weeks. It's all individual, diabetes plays a big role so control is key, but don't discredit genetic makeup as well. My husband was 10 lbs!
  • Options
    Thank everyone for your story.. Yesterday I went to see the diabetic educator and she said my meal Intake are every good and they increase me to 24 unit the growth scan said everything is good... He is normal size and is 1lb and 13oz ... I only gained 14 pounds and I am 26 wks ... Diabetic doc said baby is doing great and nothing to worry about.. Thanks for all your advice and positive feed back... ☺️
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"