June 2015 Moms
Options

Possible miscarriage?

Hey guys. I recently got a positive preganancy test and was so happy. We've been trying to conceive and I had all of the symptoms. Missed period (lmp- 9/22/14), breasts tender and painful, and nausea. I called an obstrician who ordered quanitative blood work, which came back inconclusive.

An appointment was made for another blood test, but in the mean time I've had negative urine tests. Within the last two days I've had cramping and bleeding with clots. I called the doctor who stated that my inconclusive test was at positive level of 11, but believes I'm miscarrying and is waiting for the second blood work results.

How does one deal with this? It would have been my first preganancy and I can't stop crying. My other have is very supportive and let's me cry on him while he cries. He wants to try again right away, but I can't stand to deal with this again. I feel rediculous sometimes because we never got an ultrasound (too early), but I don't know. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Yours truly.

Re: Possible miscarriage?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both for your kind words.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you and your SO can be great supports for each other. Take care of yourself as you mourn and heal.
    imageimageimage

J15 January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

Pregnancy Ticker

Married: 12/08/12
    BFP: 09/21/14
    EDD: 06/04/15

~*~ book nerd forever | Tar Heel '07 ~*~
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. The prior posters covered all the advice very well, but I wish you luck going forward.
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    ac5008 said:

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss - and it IS a loss, don't let anyone tell you different.

This.  I am sorry for your loss.  It doesn't really matter if you are 4 weeks or 14 weeks, its a loss of a baby and everything that comes along with it.  Your hopes, dreams, and plans.  Take care of yourself.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Everything that others have said. Most women suffer a loss at some point in their life. This is a great resource for comfort and knowing you are not alone. You will get through this. It sounds like you have a wonderful support system at home. Take care of each other.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! Losing a baby at any stage is heartbreaking! I'm just going to give you some advice... Let yourself feel how you want to feel, don't bury your feeling because they have a way of coming back out. Be kind to yourself and let yourself grieve however necessary. If you have fb a group that really helped me was "Miscarriage and Pregnancy loss." Also I saw a counselor and talking about it seemed to help. Talk to love ones and people that are there for you. Again I am so sorry!!
  • Options
    I lost my first at estimated 4 weeks and second at 8 wks and have since had 2 live births, another miscarriage, and this pregnancy we're in limbo. It does to me sound like you have miscarried but do wait for your results and if you don't hear anything call and call again. There is no normal way to handle loss. It's hard. It's good that your SO is supportive, but as it was not his body he probably doesn't feel as deeply as you do. Communication is key. If you have miscarried and do not have a D and C, you need to wait at least 2 or 3 periods to try again anyway (gives a better chance for the next to survive). That should give you time to begin healing emotionally and think about if you are ready to try again. My first dr told me around 90% of first pregnancies end in miscarriage and many are so early moms don't even know they were pregnant. My current dr told me 75% miscarriage once. You're definitely not alone.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss - I agree with others, it definitely is a loss.  Take care of yourself.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss.  There's nothing ridiculous about the way you're feeling.  Please take care of yourself. 
    J15 Dec Siggy Challenge: Awkward Christmas Photos

Pregnancy Ticker

My Fur Baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options
    Very very sorry to hear this. The best advice I have is to allow yourself to grieve. You will know when you are ready to try again (and be sure to ok it with your doctor). I had a miscarriage in January 2013 at 8 weeks and went on to have a healthy pregnancy three months later. Unfortunately, this is pretty common and as PPs mentioned, you are very likely to go on to have a healthy pregnancy. The loss board was a fantastic help to me when we went through the m/c. Take care of yourself, pamper yourself, and just make sure if you are feeling out of control to talk to someone. The hormone change can be very hard on your emotions which are already running very high. Hugs to you.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It does sound like a chemical pregnancy, but I hope that it's not. Loss is so hard. It's really important for you & YH to be on the same page when it comes to getting back to trying. If you're not ready, there's no harm in waiting until you are. You'll know when it's right. Hugs!

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this. *hugs*
    Pregnancy Ticker

June '15 November Siggy Challenge: Turkey Fail
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this. My T&P are with you!

Anniversary

We love our fur babies Luna (2013) and Dozer(2014)!

photo 10494646_10201461739185673_5476363044243444294_n2_zpse4247710.jpg

• Options
    I agree with others that it sounds like you've had, or are still having, an early miscarriage. Since my son was born in July 2011, I've had 3 miscarriages and am now pregnant again and terrified of another loss. You are not alone in what you are going through. Please take care of yourself.
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Options
    These are the ladies I love! :)

I agree with most everything said above! Thinking of you and hoping for a take home baby for you sooner than later, hun!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Take care of yourself.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Ditto everything PPs said. Take care of yourself, and FX you get your take-home baby when you're ready.
    imageimage  
               J15 January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married 9.29.12
    TTC #1 8.2014 BFP #1 9.26.14 - Happy anniversary!
    Expecting our little Peanut 6.9.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"