March 2015 Moms

There's Something Strange in the Neighborhood (Random)

2»

Re: There's Something Strange in the Neighborhood (Random)

• @MrsLaurenandDan‌ hugs! Hope these next few weeks go by quickly and help you start feeling more confident about this pregnancy as your baby grows.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @luvsponies‌ - I am so sorry - I am up 35 lbs already - 2 sizes and I think I am on track to continue gaining.

My dr just asked me to stop drinking so much juice. My endocrinologist isn't worried at all and said we will deal with the weight after the baby.

Just know you are doing the best you can for your baby. Easier said than done - I know. Hugs.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • My surgery is over and the worst part was definitely the novacaine shots. She put some topical on first but that needle still stung. I skipped her offer for the gas and did fine. So now I have to wear this hard mouth piece on the top of my mouth for the next 36 hours and keep icing my lower mouth where the graft is.

She went ahead and gave me a scrip for zofran in case the percocet makes me sick. If I do get sick it would be a first for this pregnancy! But I don't imagine puking would help my gum heal faster either so hopefully I do alright with the meds. Thanks so much everyone for the good thoughts!

Glad everything went well!
  • @luvsponies‌ Sorry they gave you a hard time about your weight gain.

@MrsLaurenandDan‌ So many hugs!
  • Haps92907Haps92907 member
    edited October 2014

@MrsLaurenandDan Hugs.  Hang in there.

@luvsponies The weight gain thing is hard.  I gained a bit more than recommended last time, and I really wanted to keep it lower this time.  I thought if I didn't gain during the first tri, I would be off to a good start.  I did accomplish that, but as soon as I hit the second tri, I started gaining 2 lb per week even though I wasn't really eating more than I had been first tri.  It's obviously good to try to focus on healthy foods, not overdo it, and try not to gain too much, but I think a lot of it is just predetermined.  I have a feeling I may end up criticized for weight gain by my OB, but I'm trying to focus on the fact that I'm not doing anything egregious when it comes to my diet.  I'm not going to starve myself while pregnant.

This week marked 2 big milestones for me: half baked baby and the point when all the water I drink goes directly to my ankles.  Ugh.  I had a bit of swelling up to now, but yesterday, it suddenly got insane.  See you in 20 weeks ankles!

Edit: words

• I love Seattle but this rain makes me want to stay inside all day. Good thing I live in TX where we are usually in a drought or I would never get anything done.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well I did throw up after the first round of drugs. A friend who is a nurse gave me a good tip to take the zofran 30 mins before the percocet so I'll do that next time. The nausea hasn't come back since I threw up though so that's good. Just feel a little groggy.

The numbness has worn off and the area of the graft is def sore but the roof of my mouth doesn't hurt at all so far.

I felt bad for my periodontist though. She was diagnosed with breast cancer about two weeks ago and today is her last day at work before surgery next week. Previously I told her about our fertility treatments when trying to schedule my surgery awhile ago and she shared that she had done some of the same but it never worked and she ended up divorced. She was putting on a smile today but I know that has to be so hard for her and I really feel for her.

That's sad about your doctor but you are a really good person for recognizing how she probably felt and being sympathetic about it. My sister and I were having trouble conceiving for the last few years and we were so close during that time, constantly comparing notes and crying to each other. Now that I'm so far along without another loss (knock on wood), it feels like a wedge has been placed between us. I feel awkward asking her about her treatments and I seldom mention my pregnancy. I hurt so bad for her and I was honestly hoping for twins because I would have let her adopt one I feel that strongly about helping her. I'm thinking of offering to be a surrogate after my baby is born but she's in a same sex marriage so I'm sure her wife would do it, she just really wants to be the one to carry the baby.
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • @wonknessmonster Congrats and welcome to team pink!

@MrsLaurenandDan All the hugs to you <3

Thank you guys for the thoughts and prayers...I'm hoping everything turn out okay for him! I hate shitty parents. That's all I'll say about it.
  • @luvsponies I'm so sorry that happened. Sometimes the docs bed side manner sucks. Don't get too hard on yourself.

@katydid2014‌ I'm glad things went well and I hope the pain is manageable going forward.

@MrsLaurenandDan‌ all the hugs lady. I second whoever said we are all here for you!

Happy Halloween everyone. This is our first time in the burbs giving out candy. I'm so excited!

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @katydid2014‌ Glad everything went okay! Sorry for the nausea... and for your doc.

@cabauer9 That is beautiful!

@MrsLaurenandDan‌ >:D< I hope you do not feel like you are burdening any of us by sharing what you are going through- this month or any time!

H doesn't feel like passing out candy tonight so we are going to go see a movie. Not sure what yet!

Also, I did some observations today at two high schools for a grant (partly to see if there was any hilarity ensuing on this craziest of days). One school had a fire drill scheduled and one had a tornado drill. (We do ask if anything like that is going on before we show up so we can make sure we are coming on good days, but both teachers forgot about the drills.) Why would you plan a drill on Halloween?? The kids aren't going to be crazy enough as it is? Or was it simply a resignation to the fact that not much would get done anyway? :D 8-} :ar!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, five pages already! That's a lot to catch up on, lol.  Happy Halloween everyone! I'm dressed up as a pumpkin today at work. My husband couldnt find his Charlie Brown t-shirt, otherwise we would have gone as Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin. My DD is dressing up as Raggedy Ann. We are going to my friend's halloween party tonight and taking all the kids around. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• Oh no. 2 sets of trick or treaters in and my dog is losing his shit.

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jennypm said:
    Can I freaking AW and brag on my 12 year old for a moment?! She came home with a letter from the middle school that due to her perfect score on CRCT's, last year, in reading, she's been selected to participate in the Duke University Talent Identification Program 7th Grade Talent Search. I need to go online and read more about it, but it sounds like an awesome opportunity for her. 

Anyone on here familiar with it? I am so excited for her! 
    Yes! My SO did the program (granted, like 20 years ago) and actually got to spend a summer at "brain camp" (doubtful of the actual name but that's what I call it) at Duke! 

He met some great kids there, and they are now (still) his best friends, and he said he learned a lot through the program once accepted.

CONGRATS to her- that is a HUGE accomplishment!
  • @jennypm‌ - that's awesome!! My niece is also in 7th grade and was chosen for the same program. Maybe they will be doing it together - that would be cool!
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• We never have trick or treaters so I don't bother to buy candy this year...and we've had kids knocking on our door for two hours.

Why didn't I just buy all the candy and eat it myself if no one showed up!?
  • Ugh. I did not have a good day. Terrible day at work. After many tears when I got home, I have a pounding headache now.

Not in the Halloween spirit...I'm going to try to do my best not be a downer and bring the mood down for H all night too.
  • @jack12trip‌ I'm sorry you had a bad day... I get such bad headaches when I cry, but it feels emotionally good to let it all out. >:D<
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jack12trip‌ hugs. I hope tomorrow is better.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"