April 2014 Moms

CD moms--what do you do overnight if your kid is a heavy wetter?

hordolhordol member
edited October 2014 in April 2014 Moms
We had to start putting DS in dispisables at night because he peed so dang much and he leaks through the disposable diaper too (he eats 2-3x at night). So tired of doing laundry. I know I will probably just have to start changing him at night but have you found any cloth solutions that have really done a good job containing pee?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
Married June 28, 2013
BFP August 9, 2013
Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

Re: CD moms--what do you do overnight if your kid is a heavy wetter?

• Sloomb or imagine fitteds inside of a best bottoms or BG cover.
  • Fitteds! A sbish and then I often put a doubler on the outside between the fitted and the cover. I just got some wool to try out, too.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @macgrs I had to do that with my daughter at a certain point, too.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 2 hemps and a MF in my BGs for nighttime.  That's worked so far, but I'm going to need more soon.  I've heard fitteds, and I've heard that Twinkie Tush NIght nights are the very last work in night time absorbency, but they are also $$$.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • NxyNxy member
    We were using a blueberry simplex with an added hemp insert but I've switched to Huggies Overnights size 3. She was just soaked in the morning in the cloth. The overnights are a bit big so I fold them over and they work alright. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We use sposies because of stink problems currently, but we used to use a good overnight fitted plus a hemp insert with wool over top.
  • Thanks for the suggestions! Sorry if I wasn't clear in my op but we currently do use disposables (switched a month or so ago from cloth but just for nighttime) but he pees through those too. He just has so. much. pee.

I think I'm going to order a fitted or two to try out and while I wait try double stuffing some 4.0s

Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013

• I don't use CD but other people have mentioned that if LO is soaking a disposable at night, they often go up a size for bedtime diapers.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We may be in the minority, but we just use a medium prefold and cover. Sometimes it's super wet when he wakes up, but he's never leaked through or gotten a rash from it (I do always use our diaper cream though). I do wonder if he might be bothered from feeling wet, so I may try a fleece liner, but he doesn't seemed bugged by the diaper. 
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

• Dixon813 said:

I don't use CD but other people have mentioned that if LO is soaking a disposable at night, they often go up a size for bedtime diapers.

They're size 3 and he is 16 lbs so I doubt he is a 4. Twos are starting to be too small though.

Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013

• I found Pampers swaddlers work best! We went up to a 3 in them, it's been a lot better. If she has two bottles at night then she might leak through, just depends. They work better than the baby dry for us.
  • My son leaks through disposals too, and double stuff cloth diapers. I just ordered fitted and wool, I'm hoping it works!
  • I have the heaviest wetter EVER! I do an overnight fitted https://www.omaiki.com/newmouleeen.html with a bumgenius 4.0 and insert over that. It works!!! @Madbloom recommended it! I bought 3 and that seems to work with my laundry situation.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • I ordered some fitteds and they just came yesterday! Prepped them and put one on DS for the first time tonight. Hope it works!

I tried double stuffing a 4.0 but I get horrible leg gaps. DS's thighs have chunked out but I feel like I can never put more than one insert in a diaper or they will gap. :/ I bought some CBI inserts but they really don't seem to be any more absorbant than the microfiber....CDs worked great until about the 5 month mark and now I feel like I have all these issues to troubleshoot. Oh well, still love them.

Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013

• We use BG at night and so far that has been good.  Our LO is up 1-2 times per night though and the first time she is up around 4a.m. my husband changes her diaper and then brings her to me for nursing.  So the diaper only needs to last 1/2 a night.  When she starts sleeping through the night we will have to adjust the diaper situation.  With my older daughter we found that using double stuffed with a cover over the BG worked really well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"