April 2014 Moms

FFFC

AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
edited October 2014 in April 2014 Moms
Lets hear them!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC

• I have lost a little bit of respect for my best friend after seeing her photos of her 6 month old in a restaurant with them eating an entire bowl of ice cream to herself plus then being given all the after dinner chocolates that arrived with the bill.
  • Loading the player...
  • LO keeps leaking through his diapers overnight, soaking his jammies, sleep sack and crib sheet. Yesterday I got him cleaned up and thought I'd come back to change the crib sheet, but forgot. I totally put him down for a nap on the pee sheet and didn't realize until I went to get him from his nap!
  • I have no problem setting mouse traps but I can't empty them if I catch one. I have an old set of bbq tongs I use to throw the whole trap away or I wait until DH to get home/up to take care of it. I always think the mouse isn't all the way dead and is going to move. Ewww. Living in the country is great except in the fall when the mice move to warm places. Gag. I hate mice.

You're better than me. I'm usually not a girlie girl and can deal with most things on my own, but DH is in charge of mice. I guess I would do it if I had to, but I would be flipping out the whole time
  • I gave M some ice cream yesterday.  Like, a teaspoon.  Is that flame-worthy still?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Roufi said:

And I want to second @LuckySquare‌ 's observation last week about the 2 people who start like two new threads a day but contribute nowhere else. It's obnoxious.

Lucky, where you at? And how you doinnnnn'?

So much this!! I don't even go here that often and it bothers me! To be honest, I'm surprised those threads still get so many good responses.
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no problem setting mouse traps but I can't empty them if I catch one. I have an old set of bbq tongs I use to throw the whole trap away or I wait until DH to get home/up to take care of it. I always think the mouse isn't all the way dead and is going to move. Ewww. Living in the country is great except in the fall when the mice move to warm places. Gag. I hate mice.

This! Except I refuse to set the traps because I know DH will use it against me. Haha!

I opened a drawer in my kitchen two days ago and a mouse freaking jumped out. I am totally wigged out! I used it to my advantage, ie wouldn't cook dinner.
  • I really dont understand the half birthday thing. grownups dont celebrate it so why should children??? There are enough holidays for pictures and cute outfits!!!

• Also! I feel slightly guilty of only posting pictures and not contributing... Mostly because by the time I read a thread anything useful I have to say has already been said.
    Same.  I usually only have time to bump at night, or first thing in the morning.  Most of the threads are full of great answers by the time I see them.  I feel weird commenting, when they have already been answered. Sorry if I seem creepy!
  • I don't do mice either...a mouse made its way to the middle of the living room once in a trap and died. I really did try to get it out of the house, used a broom and everything but I just couldn't. So I put a paper towel over it until DH got home. He paid me back. I came home from work a few days later and there was a paper towel covering something in about the same spot. DH said that the cat hacked up a hair ball and he was grossed out and couldn't clean it up!
  • I have really bad gas today but for all anyone knows around here is the "dog" got into something. And I hate pie too. The only two times I've had mice I caught them myself (with help from the cat) and let them free outside. They're kinda cute, they don't know they're dirty. Spiders and scorpions have to and WILL die up in here though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You guys are going to give me nightmares with all of this mouse talk!  If we ever get one, I'm staying in a hotel until it's gone.  We had some animal that got in our walls and of course the first night I heard it, DH was out of town.  It sounded like it was in his closet and our dog kept sniffing the door.  He told me to open the closet to make myself feel better.  I didn't want to know what I'd find, so I slept in another room.  I'm pretty sure it was a chipmunk we had hanging around the backyard because the animal eventually died in the walls and I never saw the chipmunk again.
  • edited October 2014
    I hate and am scared of all mice except cartoon ones who speak and wear clothes. I dislike them so much I'm probably going to skip ds1's toddler group next week when they are the theme.
    I'm good with spiders, snakes, and other bugs or slimy things though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • My husband is a Marine, I've never called myself a military souse, or Marine wife. I don't like being thanked for being a military spouse because I didn't sign my life away to serve my county, I don't to anything to be thanked for. I support my husband as I'm sure every other wife does. Lots of spouses give up things for one another military or not. But maybe I'm just a special ss

I have mixed feelings about this one. You obviously didn't agree to serve in the military yourself, but as the wife of a marine you no doubt have (or will) sacrifice quite a bit. I agree with pp that I am so proud when someone, especially DH, thanks me for my support as a mil spouse. No, I've never served, but I gave up my career, and moved far from family and friends. DH was deployed when my DD was born, and I had to endure scary NICU visits and new parent frustrations alone. I've gotten used to relocating my kids frequently often with very little notice to many unwanted locations. Also, as rank increases, so do the ridiculously long hours. My DH hasn't seen our kids in 2 days! I can't begin to compare my experience with anyone who has served, but I do think we deserve a little credit, too!

• I let my nails grow way too long. I like seeing how long they can get...
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • purespark said:

My husband has an irrational fear of moths, so I act like I can't stand them either so he has to get rid of them. I walk away and laugh every time.

OMG.  I always thought I was alone in my fear of moths.
    also, you're mean!! 
    :-S

It's the little ones! I've seen those big ones in Texas, even in scared but I can't help myself. I know I'm awful. He will appreciate that he's not alone in his fear though!
  • I don't start many posts but usually just comment or like some randomly when I feel that I actually have something to say. I also feel like a creepy stalker as I did used to post a bit while pregnant, but was on mat leave for 4 months and forgot my username and pw but would just read posts because I was too lazy to try to figure it out. Also I love looking at all the baby pics but never share mine as I don't like sharing with "strangers". 

Sorry guise apparently I am kind of a lurking creeper that only occasionally shares...but I have been around since I got my BFP last August and before that lurking on other boards. 
  • Juliajc said:

Also! I feel slightly guilty of only posting pictures and not contributing... Mostly because by the time I read a thread anything useful I have to say has already been said.
    Same.  I usually only have time to bump at night, or first thing in the morning.  Most of the threads are full of great answers by the time I see them.  I feel weird commenting, when they have already been answered. Sorry if I seem creepy!

Yup. Or by the time I get to posting on a long thread the thing that was the hot topic is no longer being discussed....so.....three pages later let me say something that is no longer relevant. Then I'd get flamed.
  • Priss08 said:

I find it odd that people thank military spouses. This has never happened to me, like ever. I did used to get a kick out of the looks people gave me when they would ask what my SO did. I used to get some sad looks when I'd tell people he was in the Navy. I would giggle about it with my friends later.

It's because spouses serve too. :-q
  • Food and booze is the only thing to serve.
  • Whenever my DH gets on top of me and starts grinding because he's horny, I just silently roll my eyes when he leans down and starts kissing my neck.  It's not out of a lack of love for him, I just have absolutely NO sex drive anymore.  I mean, even romance novels aren't doing anything for me.  I feel kind of bad for him when he goes to take care of himself in the shower, but... honestly, I can't even fake it.  Sex is the absolute last thing on my mind anymore!

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • I feel for ya. I finally got a little bit of sex drive back,but IMO, if dh wants it that bad, eh damn well better make sure he gets me interested. Hopping on and grinding would not do it for me, but then again neither did him randomly walking over to me and putting his boner in my face. After being turned down waaaay too many times, he's getting the hint.
  • I waited like 3 days to call the ped on what appeared to be a possible infection in C's belly button; luckily it's not too bad and we just need to put neosporin on it but I still feel bad :-(

@edoliesmom‌ I also let my nails grow to long, I know it's been too long when I can't type
  • snowboundsnowbound member
    edited October 2014
    UO: I don't mind when people thank me for being a military spouse. I don't see them as personally thanking me for anything I've done. I see it more as a respect thing. Military service is similar to everyday jobs but there are things/situations that are incomparable.

Eta: because I felt like omitting details
  • NxyNxy member
    I find it odd that people thank military spouses. This has never happened to me, like ever. I did used to get a kick out of the looks people gave me when they would ask what my SO did. I used to get some sad looks when I'd tell people he was in the Navy. I would giggle about it with my friends later.
    It's because spouses serve too. :-q
    I am not like that at all which is why this was a fffc. A lot of spouses are like look at me my lifes so hard. I don't own a single Air Force wife anything or have any bumper stickers on my car. I don't identify as a military spouse, which is why I put it in quotes. I also don't feel like people SHOULD be thanking me, it's just nice that occasionally they do.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"