March 2015 Moms

Echogenic Bowel

So I went to my mfm Tuesday and after the longest ultrasound I've ever had my doctor came in to talk to me about what was seen. It appears as though my little guy has echogenic bowel. She explained it as his bowels are showing up the same "color" as bone and that it could be a marker of a list of things. I bled until about 2 weeks ago and she said that was because I have a low lying placenta so it could just mean that my bleed was worse on the inside and that he swallowed some of the blood, that he could have T13, T18 or T21 (two if those trisomies are not compatible with life), he can have CF, it is also a sign of infection such as toxoplasmosis, or it could be nothing at all. She offered the free cell DNA blood draw and since I've never been screened for CF the screening for that as well. I decided to go ahead and do the screenings and it will be 10 business days until we will know what is happening. I have not told anyone other than my husband, and we agree that no matter what, he is our son and if something is wrong will love him as we love our 3 girls. I'm praying to god that it is something that he can live with and that he is ok and that I will watch my baby boy grow into a strong man but right now I'm riddled with fear of the possibilities. Has anyone else had their baby diagnosed with echogenic bowel and what was the outcome? This has been such a rough pregnancy so far with me having HG, multiple PICC line problems, bleeds, and preterm labor already I am terrified.

Re: Echogenic Bowel

• No experience here but T&P to you and your little man!
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No experience but I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of this. ((Hugs)) hopefully your results will come back ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • No experience with that but have had to have an amnio and the wait can be nerve wracking. You guys have such a great attitude about it though!!

T&P that all works out well! Internet hugs!
  • Sending you and LO lots of positive energy and hope this turns out okay.
  • I'm sorry you are going through this. Hugs.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • No experience with this but sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Hugs.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• Thinking of you! I'm sorry you got this news. I hope your little one is just fine in there.
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • No experience, sending T&P's that your lil guy is ok. Hugs!
  • I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I have no experience either, but you and your little one will be in my T&P. I hope the next two weeks go by quickly and the test results come back that everything is ok.

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Just wanted to offer positive thoughts and prayers for you and your lo. I'm sure it's a lot to digest. {{hugs}}

Well-behaved women rarely make history.

BFP #1 ~ 4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum 6.2.11 | D&C 6.9.11
    DX Unicornuate Uterus 4.12
    BFP #2 ~ 10.12.12 | m/c 11.25.12 | D&C 2.8.13

BFP #3 ~ 12.11.13 | heartbeat ~12.20 :) | no heartbeat ~12.27 | D&C 1.6.14

BFP #4 ~ 7.20.14 | EDD 3.29.15 | heartbeat x2 eeek! ~ 8.4 | heard heartbeat-120 ~ 8.8 |

11.6.14 Courtland Jeremiah & Landon Joseph born sleeping

• I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, I'll keep you and your little one in my prayers. FX for you ((hugs))

M & N: 05.27.2012 <3 
    Natural M/C: 08.27.13 at 8 weeks
    BFP: 07.02.14 ! 
    Baby #1 EDD: 03.11.15 

image image image

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you are in limbo. Lots of positive thoughts to you and your family.
  • My baby also had an ehogenic bowel at my 18 weeks a/s. We were told all the same things as you, and I have been really worrying about it. My doctor wants to do monthly ultrasounds for the rest of my pregnancy to monitor growth, because apparently growth can be affected with an Echogenic bowel. I had the genetic test done (materni21) and was told we would have to wait 10 business days- they called us after 5 and said she tested negative for all trisomies. I have yet to go for the toxoplasmosis test, but am not a carrier of CF.
    I was told that if the Echogenic bow is the only soft marker (including your age, etc.) that there is a very good chance it is nothing and will go away on its own! My doctor stressed that I should not worry because everything else looks good.
    Keep us updated! T&P your genetic test comes back negative!
  • No experience here, but hoping everything works out! Positive thoughts being sent your way!
  • No experience, but thoughts and prayers that you get good news!
  • Thank you all. I need to just stay off of the internet. The more I look into it, the more I want to break down and cry. We can feel him kick and my girls are head over heels about him so I'm praying for the best. I will keep y'all updated, hopefully we will be like @Sam9231‌ and get the results sooner than later.
  • No experience just wanting to add my thoughts and prayers
  • :::hugs::: FX it's nothing & your little guy is healthy! 
  • Sending prayers and warm thoughts your way

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No experience but Im hoping it turns out to be nothing!
  • More T&Ps coming your way. Hugs too!
  • No experience but I'm sorry you're in limbo and I hope you get answers very soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• So sorry you're experiencing this uncertainty! Try and remain positive. Thoughts, prayers and positivity to you and LO that all will be alright!
  • So sorry you've had so much to deal with in your pregnancy... FX & T&P that this is nothing serious.

Married the most patient man on the planet:  May 16, 2009
    Me:  30; DH:  30

BFP:  June 25, 2014; EDD:  March 9/10, 2015
    4 fur babies:  2 dogs & 2 cats

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Sending prayers for strength and a positive outcome for you and your DH! 
    For SuzyQ0525 and all other M15 losses

BabyFruit Ticker
    It's a BOY !!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"