Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Pre natals giving headaches?

so I've been taking prenatals for about a month and half now. Safeway brand I believe... Anyway. I noticed I've been having very mild yet irritating headaches. So my question is does anybody else get this? I've been told it may be too much concidering I'm not pregnant yet my obgyn told me to start taking them before conceiving. Also are there any recommendations that you ladies like and/or prefer? Thanks in advance.

P.s I have my preconception consultation and will ask her too just thought I'd get some advice from the real pros.

Re: Pre natals giving headaches?

• Options
    I've never had headaches with them. I always have to make sure to take them with breakfast, though, or I get queasy. You should definitely be taking them while TTC, though. I've actually heard they're great for women in general, so you should take them even if you're not TTC.
    Married to the love of my life since September 2013.
    TTC #1 since January 2014
    Met with RE Nov 2014: Cyst on left ovary. Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy 12/3 to remove cyst, endo, polyp, and fibroid
    12/14: Natural cycle = BFN
    1/15: Starting Femara for IUI #1

Chart Stalk Me
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Dog tickers
    TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails
  • Options
    Chad5285 said:

You need to take prenatals throughout the TTC process and pregnancy or you risk a baby with neural tube defects. I've never had headaches but I know a lot of people have trouble with the iron in their PNVs. Does yours have iron?

edited for clarity
    That's a good question I should look.. I will when I get home.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When do you take them? Maybe taking them at night (just before you go to sleep) will help?
  • Options
    @Lottie&Paul‌ I take them at night and then I wake up with a minor headache.. It's like a small pulsing/throbbing pain (not severe at all) above my right ear around my temple.. It's just annoying. Maybe it's stress and not even related at all to the prenatals... I've just heard some women having the issue. Who knows... Ill ask my dr. Too
  • Options

If you're having headaches everyday you should see a doctor.

Also you make a lot of threads. Lurk moar.

Ok.
  • Options
    ScatterbugScatterbug member
    edited October 2014
    You need the extra folic acid when TTC and should be taking this for 3 months ideally before actually getting pregnant. The other vitamins are pretty much what you get in all other vit supplements. Supplements are great if you aren't getting everything you need from your regular diet. If you are taking vits just be aware of your diet to make sure you aren't over doing certain vits. Also some vits are better at certain times of the month. For example iron can be useful for anaemia if you have particular heavy flow during your period but the rest of the time if you are od'ing just makes you constipated and your poop turn black. (Sorry there obv wasn't enough poop talk on here recently ha). It is unlikely they are causing your headaches. Why not try taking them in the morning instead or just switching to folic acid and see how you get on. Hope it subsides soon. X

edit- I sooooo over did the word vits.

Me 31, DH 29, DD 5
    TTC #2 since August 2014

• Options
    @Scatterbug‌ thank you that was useful. That was kind of my thinking. Maybe just stick to folic acid. Thank you! I really appreciate your advice.
  • Options
    @hobbesgal‌ I tried lurking for one about headaches but for some reason TB was acting up so I just asked instead... Sorry for the annoyance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"