Cloth Diapering

Pumpkin seeds

Last year, our pumpkin seeds were a complete failure. Not tasty at all. We didn't even eat them. What do you do? I'm assuming @MapleMe has some wonderfully delicious answer, as she does with everything food related. 

Re: Pumpkin seeds

• Mapleme said:
    In truth, I'm not a huge pumpkin seed fan. What did you do with last year's seeds?
    Honestly, I don't know. DH pulled something off the internet, and did that. I didn't pay much attention to what he was doing. They were roasted in the oven with some  stuff he put on. That's all I know. So maybe we just don't like pumpkin seeds? I'm disappointed you don't have some answer to make all our mouths' water. 

What if I roast them, put them in the food processor, and use that in baking/cooking?
  • I like them with just a little bit of oil and salt.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wash mine then put them on a baking sheet with kosher salt and bake them.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • I"m dumbfounded that maple doesn't have the answer. What do we do?

I feel like this is a sign of the end of the world.
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    edited October 2014
    #teammaplealwaysknowswhattodo

I also don't like the whole seed, only the insides.  But for all the work, I'd rather just buy them.

ETA: But last year we did mix them with oil and kosher salt and roast them.  One year we split the cookie sheet up and did different seasonings on all of them, some with cajun, some salt & pepper, some cinnamon sugar, etc.  But I just don't like them whole.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Keep it simple-wash them off, pat dry and sprinkle with oil/salt. And bake. We baked ours at a lower temperature but for a lot longer so they would be nice and crispy, not dark
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"