April 2015 Moms
Options

AW: She's Crafty!

I've been making some baby hats for our girls... so fun!  What have other crafty mamas started so far?  What are you planning on doing?  I'm planning on making crib skirts, valences, afghans, pinafores, maybe some cute ruffle bottoms...
Married September 2005 - TEAM PINK x2 this time around :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW: She's Crafty!

• Options
    haha, that was my intent!  :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm a sewer and can't wait to get started on quilts, bedding, clothes, etc..but we are waiting to finalize our 'pop' color in the room (boy or girl?).

Me: 26 DH:27
    Military family
    TTC#1 Jan 14

BFP! 17 Aug 2014 | EDD 26 April 15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @yarnymommy do you have a guide to hat sizes depending on age? I made my son one for his 1st bday and it was kinda big! I would love to start making some more :) So cute!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I was actually going to get dressed and hit up the hobby store. I got bit by the xmas bug and had an idea for ornaments for my family. It's a tradition that my great grandmother started and I'd love to attempt to pick up again. She did felt ornaments and designed her own, but i saw a really cute idea and was going to try it out. :)

Oh, i have like 2 rows on a baby blanket started. I like knitting but get easily bored.

ETA: i can't spell apparently.
  • Options
    @lilann2011: there are quite a few charts if you Google "crochet hat size" or "knit hat size".  Here is one I like:

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Those are so cute! You are very talented!

I'm crafty in the scrapbooking and cards/paper things. I would love to learn to crochet though! Maybe that would be a good plan for the winter to keep my busy!
    ***********siggy warning **********

Me: 26 DH: 27
    TTC #1 Since Aug. 2013
    Cycle 1: O CD 25=bfn
    Cycle 2: O CD 48=bfn
    Cycle 3: Anovulatory/Provera =120 days!
    Cycle 4: Anovulatory/Prometrium=127 days! RE consult 6/16
    Me: Anov/poss. pcos?  HSG=normal/SA= Normal 
    July/Aug. 2014= Femara+trigger+TI=BFP!!
    Beta #1@ 16dpo=626!! Beta #2=1510
    Ultrasound @ 5w6d=heartbeat at 110!
    Ultrasound @ 6w6d =heartbeat at 131!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So cute, thinking of learning to crochet
    But might just leave that to my mom, haha
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Those hats are adorable! So far I've just altered a little brother shirt to say big brother for DS. I don't understand why kids have to be 2T size before they are allowed to be big siblings.

My big project before baby comes is to finish two matching twin quilts for DD's bunk beds. I'm pretty sure LO is a girl so one will be her's eventually. So far I've cut 90% of the fabric for both quilts and pieced maybe 10% of the blocks for one of the quilts. I haven't actually done any work on them since my BFP, despite the material sitting at one end of our dining room table all this time.
  • Options
    I have a few craft things in mind... like dresses, hats, headbands, and ruffle bottoms if it's a girl and bow ties, vests, ties, shorts, and stuff it's a boy... and quilts and blankets either way. 

• Options
    Super cute! I have decided that I don't like any of the nursery stuff I've seen so mom and I are going to tackle that. Actually it's not that I haven't seen things I like I'm just not willing to spend $500 on a crib sheet and a dust ruffle. I may try my hand at a hat or a stuffed animal. I crocheted my friends daughter a pink T. Rex for her baby shower. (Their last name is Rex and the baby's name starts with T. Yes they did that on purpose. Anyway couldn't find a girlie T. rex so I made one.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'll make a couple fleece tie blankets, but don't really have anything else specific planned. Craftiness is fluid with me, I'll make something when the interest and/or time is right. Planning ahead doesn't come into play all that often. :)

Love the hats BTW, I have very little crochet/knitting skills.
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    Those are so cute!!!
    Once i know the sex i can't wait to make some cute little hat's and toys! I love amigurumi toys. Also planning on learning how to quilt from my SO's nan. :) 
  • Options
    I've never attempted to sew so my MIL will be making valances, pillow covers and a bed skirt for the nursery while giving me a beginners sewing lesson.

I will be doing 3 canvas paintings to match the fabric we choose.
    ~
    Married May 18, 2013
    Expecting our first child April 3, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"