February 2015 Moms

~~~Jittery~~~

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: ~~~Jittery~~~

• I have nothing to add here... Im sorry you are going through this. But if it makes you feel any better, the mental image of seeing a pregnant woman being extra jittery made me laugh. 

Hope you find something that works for you. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Try sitting on an exercise ball instead of a desk chair. It will help keep you occupied while sitting. Having marble or a stress ball in your pocket can help when you're not at your desk.

And the farther along in your pregnancy you are, the ball will help your back and hips feel better.
    Anniversary 

• Loading the player...
  • I would suggest trying some anxiety reduction strategies. One is called progressive muscle relaxation - it's when you learn how to relax your muscles by first tightening them and then releasing the tension as you notice how your muscles feel when you relax them. Google around for some scripts on how to do it. It made a huge difference for me years ago when I struggled with anxiety (I too had the constant jitters) and I still use the skills today. Also, I'm a counselor so I'm well-versed in the world of touchy-feeliness ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Really interesting because I too have been having restless leg syndrome like mad... But the best part is as annoying as it is to me.. It's so much worse for my guy since usually my legs are sprawled out on him when we are on the couch so last night I got a very loud "seriously woman?! Can't you keep still for 5 minutes!?" Uhm no... I can't.

I'm not an anxious person so for me I think it's really just a circulation thing. I've already decided to try to sit on the floor and stretch out a bit tonight.. And days I've moved around more are better than when I've been sitting a lot :/ if you find an answer, tag me please :)

• I've had restless leg problems for years (as have several family members). Unlike a pp implied it isn't psychosomatic or anxiety for many people (not saying it can't be,
    just that it is weird to jump to there without indication). I've heard theories about it being related to allergies (what haven't people suggested as the result of allergies - lol) and I've heard that it is sometimes related to circulation.

Whatever the cause, there are things you can do. Deep knee bends seem to work for some people. Getting up every hour for 2-5 Min at a time to walk around and stretch seems to work for some. Being sure to wear loose fitting pants and compression socks has been found helpful. Benign very careful to stay well hydrated has been said to help. And, finally, to relieve it at night at bed time, Benedryl (an antihistamine) appears to work. Not all of these things have worked for me, but some help. Make sure to check that Benedryl is safe for you before you take it. I can take it while pregnant but I'm sure it has interactions with some drugs/ conditions.

Sorry you're going through this. I feel your discomfort: I just spent half of a David Suzuki lecture standing because I knew I'd drive other audience members nutso with my jittery legs!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"