December 2014 Moms

Trapped in L&D (UPDATED!) Updated Again!

Re: Trapped in L&D (UPDATED!) Updated Again!

• E-hugs and prayers! <3
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Sending you thoughts and prayers.
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Sending you lots of positive thoughts! I hope your BP goes down! (((hugs)))
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Keep us posted! You know we've all got t&ps out for you!
  • Sending T & P your way!  Hope your BP comes down and LO gets to stay in a little longer.  Please keep us updated. 
    Pregnant with #2

IVF cycle 1 (Nov 2013)- freeze all d/t OHSS
    FET #1-BFN
    FET #2-BFP baby girl born Dec 2014
    FET #3-Sept 2017 BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks

IVF cycle 2 (Oct 2017)- freeze all again d/t OHSS
    FET #1 BPF, pregnant with a singleton due Sept 2018

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry!! I'm sending all the positive thoughts and vibes your way. Keep baking baby!!

|| BFP #1: 12-9-13 | EDD: 8-23-14 | Stopped growing 8w4d | D&C 2-7-14 ||
    || BFP #2: 4-4-14 | EDD: 12-13-14 | Betas 4-19-14 *9,800* | Betas 4-21-14 *20,000* ||
    Alina born 12-18-14

• Sending thoughts and prayers and creepy internet stranger hugs! Hope both you and LO are hanging in there! FX that the protein and high BP clear up for you.
  • So glad for the positive update ! Continued thoughts and prayers that your blood pressure stays under control and baby gets to stay in !
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• Yay for things calming down enough for you to go home and keep that baby cookin :)

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Now I just want to know what spiked it sooo high earlier... but at least it's down and no one has mentioned induction again.
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thinking of you and baby @ColeyCannoli‌! Good vibes that BP stays reasonable!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • So glad you are allowed to go home! I hope your BP stays under control. I am also having BP issues and was sent to triage on Monday for monitoring, so I feel your preeclampsia/hypertensive pain!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Great news! Thanks for updating. You must be so relieved!
  • ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited October 2014

WOOHOO, going home!

For what it's worth, my doc has always considered 140/85 to actually be GOOD since my BP has been in the 90s diastolic off and on throughout the pregnancy, so here's hoping it either goes down or stays there for you!

Fingers crossed. Good luck with the 24 urine thing, hope that comes back with good results too.
    Thank you! I didn't know this before but my doctor also said that it wasn't just the number but the trends that matter too. My blood pressure has been pretty low this whole pregnancy (in the teens) so a spike into the 160s was a big deal and even 140s is a bit concerning to him. Still, as long as it stays in the 140/80 range, I can keep baby right where he is and that's all I care about right now.

Amazing how much I can wish this was over already cause I'm sore and grumpy but when actually faced with induction I don't want anything more than to keep baby cooking! I'm just happy I've made it to 35 weeks, so he wouldn't be too much of a preemie even if we had to do something.
    imageimage

• Yay happy update!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • I'm so glad you're ok and that you were able to go home. I'd be so shocked if the same happened to me--I think of my OB appointments as so quick and routine though of course anything could happen. I'm glad you know what symptoms to monitor, and I hope your baby can stay put for a little while longer.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• Yay! So glad your BP went down! Hoping your LO stays put!
  • Thank you! I didn't know this before but my doctor also said that it wasn't just the number but the trends that matter too. My blood pressure has been pretty low this whole pregnancy (in the teens) so a spike into the 160s was a big deal and even 140s is a bit concerning to him. Still, as long as it stays in the 140/80 range, I can keep baby right where he is and that's all I care about right now.
    Yeah, that's basically what my OB said, too. He said that since my diastolic was high in first trimester, it was considered "pre-existing hypertension" thus the third trimester monitoring. He said that for most women, BP goes up in third trimester, but doesn't become a concern. SOME women will see their BP go up... and up... and not really stop at a healthy place. So for me, 140/85 is a good number because my diastolic has been up as high as 99 off and on, but for someone whose numbers have always been low, it would definitely be alarming to suddenly be up that high.

160/100 (either number hitting that, regardless of what the other number is) was the red flag he told me to watch for. If my BP gets there, I've been told to go straight to the hospital. So that lines up with what your doc is saying - 160 is a huge concern, 140 is definitely something to watch but not necessarily a sign of imminent problems. Glad that your care providers are on top of it!

Are they running any blood tests along with the 24 hour urine collection? I've now had my liver and kidney function tested twice, plus the regular ultrasounds to monitor placental grade and fetal growth. As long as it's just my BP going wonky and it's not too high, they're leaving baby be, but if any of my "end organs" (liver, kidney, placenta) become affected, they're going to do an early delivery.
    The only other test they did was for group strep, just because it's about that time anyway. I'll ask them tomorrow about that though. Might as well get all my bases covered.
    imageimage

• Glad to hear the good news. Rest up!

Test
  • Yikes! Just getting caught up...glad you're home. I hope things continue to get better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Very glad you were able to go home and BP went down! FX it stays down a while longer and your baby Cannoli gets to bake a little longer! :)
    D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Keep cooking baby Cannoli!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Glad you're able to go home! Will keep sending positive T&P for you and baby Cannoli!

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • Hope your BP stays down and everything stays stable.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Glad your BP came back down, sending T&Ps to you both!

"And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." 
    2 Corinthians 12:9

• So glad you get to go home! FX it stays down!
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • DoctorWorm222DoctorWorm222 member
    edited October 2014
    Awesome news that you got to go home! Here's to a few more weeks  :)
                                   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yay I'm happy for your update! Hang inthere baby Cannoli!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• I'm glad you get to go home! Cook baby cook!
  • Glad you got to go home. Keep cooking baby.

• I missed the post this morning, but so happy to see you get to go home and baby is doing okay!
  • Thank you all! I love that I have you guys to talk to when I'm most freaked out and you calm me down.

Seriously, best people. All of ya.

imageimage

• Oh my!! So glad to hear you got to go home! I hope that BP stays down. Keep us updated
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• This is great! I hope baby cannoli can stay in there for a lot longer!!!!

The artist formerly known as "amw0914"
    Pregnancy Ticker

• ColeyCannoliColeyCannoli member
    edited October 2014
    @coleycannoli glad to hear you're ok.  I've been having headaches, blurred and starry vision this last month. My last appt my BP was at 139/86 (I think, I forget now) so my midwife ordered extra blood tests to make sure it wasn't pre-e.  Tests came back OK, but as of TODAY I am on modified restrictions, including work modifications. I fee your pain girl! 
    NikkiMN143 Ugh, that sucks. I hope stay healthy too! I totally feel your pain. Only a month and a half left. Come on bodies, don't give up on us now!
    imageimage

• Wow, I can imagine how scary that was! So glad you and LO are okay.
  • RaeChayRaeChay member
    edited October 2014
    I am late but SO glad to hear you're okay and that little cannoli will be cooking longer :) keep an eye on those BP's!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Had to tell you my sleepy brain smashed your post title together with the one above it and so I thought this was: 

Hodor trapped in L&D!!!

Hope you're doing okay today!
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"