March 2015 Moms
Options

I will be 20 weeks and I barely have a bump, did anyone else experience this during first pregnancy?

I know my doctor said im developing just fine and my baby is healthy but I just dont get why everyone I know has had a noticeable bump by now.

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't even.... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee search the boards. You'll find a TON of posts about the exact same topic. There is also a HDBD thread each Wednesday where everyone posts pics of their bump. You can clearly see that every woman shows at a different pace.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I was worried that I was not gaining weight and didn't have much of a bump. My bump seemed to be the same for a few weeks and then it just grew, it seemed like over night. If say if the dr says everything is on track then your good! I'm
  • Options
    Ladylec said:
    With my son I got a big bump quick and then got to experience the fun of people politely calling me fat by asking me my due date and looking shocked at the answer, asking me if I was having twins and my personal favorite of telling me what I should be eating and how much. I'll be 20w on Sunday with no weight gain, no bump and no annoying comments that deserve a slap on the face. Everyone and every pregnancy is different, don't worry about having a bump, the baby is the real prize.

I'm experiencing this now. It's my first and I have a pretty good size bump for 20 weeks. A male co-worker I don't see very often saw me the other day and said, "You do in December?" I said "No, March." Then he said...."Twins?" Geez. Thanks buddy. Any other ways you want to try insulting me today?
  • Options
    Meant to say "due." For some reason it won't let me edit it...ugh.
  • Options
    I think body shape plays a big part in how quickly people "pop." Women with long torsos tend to show later since there is more room for things to shift vertically before popping out. Some women don't really show until 6 months even.
  • Options
    I didn't show at all with my first daughter until I was half way through six months. I went to bed with a flat belly and woke up with a basketball belly lol. I didn't show until five months with my second. The last two and this pregnancy I showed almost immediately lol
  • Options
    I didn't show until pretty late with my first.  I started out somewhat overweight and lost weight initially, so that probably had something to do with it.  She was born a normal, healthy weight.  With #3 I am definitely showing at 21 weeks.  It varies from one mom to another and one pregnancy to another.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    I'm over 19 weeks and not really noticeable yet or gaining much weight. The ultrasound showed everything is great though so it probably depends on body type. I'm thin and I thought I'd show quickly but I guess not.
  • Options
    Everyone is different....just aslong as you and baby are all ok and progressing well I wouldn't worry!
  • Options
    Those of us without a bump aren't flaunting our figures!  There are more out there than you realize.  I'm 22w4d, and my bump is only noticeable if I'm in very tight clothes (ie - leggings and a fitted tank top for the gym last night).  Most the time I'm just looking a little thick around the middle :(  I have switched to mostly maternity clothes, though, because I've always had a well defined waist, and most my tops aren't long enough to hide the bands on the maternity pants.

I joke around with my husband about the fact that in several scenarios I've been in, you could play "pick the preggo" and the only clue it's me is that I'm not drinking.  And a few months ago, my dad mentioned that I'll look funny with a belly, to which we concluded that I'd look like my (never been pregnant) sister.  Which is kind of true right now.

Anyways, there's still plenty of time to grow.  I'm enjoying every last wear I get out of my non-maternity clothes since I know the time with them will be ending soon.

• Options
    I'm having two, and still don't have much of a bump (other than babies pushing fat out of the way). Safe to say you are normal.
  • Options
    With my first I was showing by 14 weeks, this time around I still just look fat. And I'm 16 weeks now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I personally dont mind barely showing. Ill be 22 weeks on saturday and while I cant wait to have a cute bump, I know that will also come with back pain and other fun stuff. It did bother me in the beginning, but check out the hdbd thread and youll see eveyone is a different size.
  • Options
    Dont stress about it i think its Fairly normal for the first pregnancy as long as doctor says everything is fine! Believe me you will get there, i was the same way in my first pregnancy and now at 20 weeks with my second i feel like a cow!
  • Options
    I'm 22 weeks and I still don't look pregnant unless I'm wearing a tight shirt and even then it's questionable. But I'm also 5'10" and have a long torso. Be glad you'll likely have less to lose when the baby is born is all I can say about it.
  • Options
    Enjoy it and relax. First pregnancy it takes longer for the muscles to get pushed out of the way. I'm pregnant with my third now. I was showing super early and people thought I was having twins and thought I was already to pop.
  • Options
    I'm 21 weeks and I only have a " bump" if I let it all hang out and relax my stomach muscles. If I push it out, voila!! Serious bumpage!! But I can also still suck it in and the bump disappears. Works great for various situations when I want to either look pregnant or not. ;)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    *sniggers over the irony of a zombie bump post being bumped*
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 22 weeks and i do have a bump but my stomach is still ultra squishy and I'm also able to still hide my bump from those people who i don't feel like having the pregnancy conversation with so i call that a win!
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • Options
    With my first I didn't have a bump until my eighth month. And even then it was small. This time I started showing at 16 weeks and now have a very noticeable bump. Maternity clothes and yoga pants all the way. I didn't have any back pain with my first either, but this one I sure do. So take it in stride. Enjoy it while you can! Every pregnancy is different.
  • Options
    That was me to at 20 weeks, now I'm 25 weeks and blew up .
  • Options
    Don't worry yourself! :)

This is my first pregnancy, I'm 23 weeks today and I've only just started to show!

I wasn't too worried though- I've been told by many that every bump is different and before we know it, we'll be popping out and getting really bad back ache from carrying around bump all day, so enjoy it while it lasts lol!

Just take each day as it comes and one morning you'll wake up with a bump that pops out of no where like I did :) xx
  • Options
    I wish I had no bump. This is baby 3. And all I hear is "are you having twins?" "Are you sure you are not having twins" "you are huge already" "how are you going to move"
  • Options
    Im almost 22 weeks barely showing at all. I asked my dr he said I was measuring where i should be. I was just thin before the pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"