April 2014 Moms

Thanksgiving for LO

I know its about a month away but I was wondering if anyone was planning on giving LO some Thanksgiving type foods during the holiday? And if so do you do purée type foods or baby led weaning?
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thanksgiving for LO

• I'm Canadian so already had Thanksgiving and I gave him little pieces of turkey, some mashed potatoes, some stuffing - basically anything we had that he wanted to have in small pieces that he could chew. My LO hates purées so he just gets what we have.
  • Canadian too- LO tried some sweet potato that ended with him crazy gagging and me freaking out. We avoided solids for a week but we're back on the BLW bandwagon now!
  • Loading the player...
  • We're doing BLW, so at dinner, DD gets a bit of whatever we're eating.  She will definitely get to enjoy the Thanksgiving feast.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• He'll eat whatever we're having. I'm sure DH will even sneek in a taste of pie.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • BLW and he'll try everything. Already gave in to DH and said he could taste pumpkin pie.
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • For baby led weaners, hah, does your LO use pincer grip yet? I put a piece of scrambled egg in front of LO last night for fun, but he treated it like a bomb to be dismantled (same wild eyed look) but totally just palmed it all over the tray.
  • Does your LO actually eat much of the food? We switched to puréed because j is so Gungho about actually eating the food, not just playing.
  • My babies have already had the majority of the foods we serve at Thanksgiving (mash potato, yams, turkey, rolls, etc). It will probably be their first time to try pie ;)

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• He absolutely loves food and will throw a fit if he doesn't get some. So yes absolutely I will be fixing him a plate with whatever is manageable for him to grab and chew.
  • Squash (I'm mash with a fork), mashed potatoes without the salt, and whatever veggie we have. She will be 7 months
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll probably let him play with mashed potatoes and some pumpkin pie. Id rather not listen to the other people tell me how to parent/feed my child.
  • We aren't doing BLW but I've started putting things like banana and avocado on his tray to experiment with. I know those are hard things for him to try to pick up, but it's what I'm comfortable with. So far he hasn't gotten anything to his mouth, just smears it around. I suppose he'd make more of an effort if I wasn't also spoon feeding him.

Anyways, we'll keep practicing and experimenting with textures in hopes that he can try a few things with us on Thanksgiving.

Off BC since 9/10;TTC since 7/11
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    DX: PCOS/anovulatory/Hypothyroid
    SA: normal
    HSG: all clear
    5 cycles of Clomid/Femara + TI
    IUI #1 (7/16/12) Femara 2.5,+ Trigger=BFN
    Treatment break Aug. 2012-June 2013
    IUI #2 (7/27/13)=BFP!!!
    Beta #1 @ 13dpiui --145!
    Beta #2 @ 19dpiui--2,550!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mashed potatoes for sure. We'll see what else that day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"