I can use paddle shifts
4% 7 votes
I don't drive
1% 2 votes
SS
0% 1 vote

Re: What do you drive?

• Options
    We've had manual, we've had auto, we even had 3 on the tree so I voted SS. I can use a flappy paddle gear box even though I don't own a car with it. Also used to have a bug that was an auto-stick...
  • Options
    Wow! I am really interested to see how many people still drive a manual. I still do =)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband tried to teach me to drive a manual, epic fail.
  • Options
    MH drives a manual. I could get somewhere in it if I had to, but mine is automatic.
  • Options
    I can drive a manual, though I'm not great at it.  My car is an automatic though.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    I used to drive a manual and loved it! I have a company car now though and they don't offer any manuals.
  • Options
    I drive a manual and wouldn't have it any other way. I guess I'm a creature of habit when I try and drive an automatic I'm constantly looking for the clutch. Also when I was single I would never date a man who didn't know how to drive a manual.
  • Options
    I have been known to operate old motorcycles which are manual but have never driven a manual trans car.
  • Options
    bacorrea said:

My husband tried to teach me to drive a manual, epic fail.

I tried to teach my husband to drive a manual. He kinda got it but refused to practice and hated taking lessons.

So we have automatic cars since my college car finally bit the dust.

But I can still drive one.

After several years no longer driving a manual I parallel parked my friends manual on a hill! Not the smoothest but nobody's car is dented!
  • Options
    I wish I knew how to drive a manual! And I want to know who doesn't drive.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I strongly prefer manual. One of our trucks is manual, but it isn't the primary vehicle I drive. I also prefer domestic vehicles, and it is hard to get manual trans in domestic, especially newer vehicles.
  • Options
    I think driving a manual is like riding a bike - it comes right back to you no matter how long it's been since you've driven one.

Even though I can drive a stick, and actually enjoy it more than an automatic, I can't picture ever getting a car that wasn't an automatic. Maybe for my midlife crisis? Ha.

• Options
    AprilMay9 said:
    Am I the only one that calls it a standard? No one I know calls it a manual. I don't think I've seen one since high school. My old old boyfriend had one and tried to teach me how to drive it and I sucked at it. I wish I knew how!!
    DH calls it a standard trans. 
  • Options
    Manual 4 Lyfe!!!! I've never had an automatic. My Dh is currently commuting in my turbo manual Subaru and I'm driving his gas guzzling Subarban. I can't wait for him to give my car back. His car makes me hate driving.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Auto all the way. I have paddle shifters but I have no clue what they do. I never use sport mode or know what it's for but I know it sucks up gas. Basically, I don't car.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

MrsW26 said:

We've had manual, we've had auto, we even had 3 on the tree so I voted SS. I can use a flappy paddle gear box even though I don't own a car with it. Also used to have a bug that was an auto-stick...

Can so tell you watch top gear :)

I drive a manual now, resigning myself to the fact that my next car will probably have flappy paddles.
    Top Gear is the shit.
    It's like you know my lyfe
  • Options
    Manual 4 Lyfe!!!! I've never had an automatic. My Dh is currently commuting in my turbo manual Subaru and I'm driving his gas guzzling Subarban. I can't wait for him to give my car back. His car makes me hate driving.
    Do you have a WRX?" those are the shit. We had one forever until we bought the truck. I'd love to trade my car for a newer one.
  • Options
    @kseccomb17‌ no, it's a Forester but still badass. More grown up looking than the WRXs, I think, but it's pretty speedy and a total sleeper; you would never guess it's as fast as it is (I've shocked a few mechanics!).

My DH had a WRX wagon when we met but sold it shortly afterwards. He misses that car every day!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    I drove a manual until a yet ago when we got a new car which they only make in automatic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted manual so badly, but they're kinda hard to find unless you buy new, and even with the new ones, if it's a fancy car they tend to be paddle shifters, and it's just not the same.

I had a fling with a guy in college, when he found out I drove manual he got all nervous and stalled twice the next time I was in his car. Fortunately it wasn't his driving that I liked ;)
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    I couldn't even make it around the corner in a stick without stalling a million times so automatic it is!

• Options

Auto all the way. I have paddle shifters but I have no clue what they do. I never use sport mode or know what it's for but I know it sucks up gas. Basically, I don't car.

I ditto what you said!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"